News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

In all my years I don't think I've ever once taken the Eastern-DVP ramp. Certainly a bit hairy for those who do with the tiny merge onto DVP n/b. Broadview will be interesting whatever is done. The makings are there for it to become one of the greater streets in the city. I do have a bit of trouble wrapping my head around how it will have its own LRT, but also carry the 504 which is the busiest route in the city, and the 505 which is likely in the top 10. How will all those converge and terminate at Broadview, rhetorically speaking.
This ramp is the least hairiest there is. The lane continues as the third NB lane so there is no merging required. Coming from the Don Roadway/Lake Shore is a bit more sketch with the lane ending quickly and the ramp from the Gardiner being elevated and on a curve.

Presentation is now up for the June 20th/21st events.

Received via email:

Dear Stakeholders and interested members of the public,

Thank you for your continued interest and participation in the Broadview Avenue Extension Environmental Assessment. Your feedback is important and has helped inform work on the study to date. City staff will be presenting recommendations for this project at the Infrastructure & Environment Committee (IEC) meeting on July 7, 2022. A copy of the staff report can be downloaded here under IEC agenda item IE31.14: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.IE31.14

Subject to decision at IEC, City Council will then consider this item at its meeting on July 19 and20, 2022. Subject to Council's decision, the Environmental Study Report (ESR) report for the EA will be prepared and made available for a 30-day public review period and the various infrastructure projects will continue advancing through the detailed design and implementation process.

Please continue to visit the project website to learn more and stay informed: toronto.ca/BroadviewExtension

How to Participate in IEC

Members of the public can arrange to speak or submit comments to the Committee. If you want to speak at the meeting, you must contact the Infrastructure and Environment Committee Administrator at 416-392-4666 or iec@toronto.ca by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 6, the day before the Committee meeting. Clearly indicate the project you are commenting on as there are many projects to be discussed.

You can also submit comments by emailing the Committee at iec@toronto.ca. Communications and public submissions will become part of the public record and will be listed in the legislative record of the meeting. The following link tells you a little bit more about this process: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/tmmis/have-your-say.htm.

You may also send comments by mail:

Infrastructure and Environment Committee
Attn: Committee Administrator
Toronto City Hall, Floor 10, West Tower
100 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2

Back