News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Here's how i saved money: I lived in homeless shelters while making $800/week as a construction labourer. My total daily expenses: $1 (for breakfast) 6 months later, I was living with the parents--and saving at a slightly less advantageous rate;) Nonetheless, living on my own (rent approx $800/month) and carless, I still managed 70% saving rate. Then i take some of my savings and start to gamble online--sometimes win big sometimes a wash but the net result: financial freedom without a mortgage! (I'm a renter and love it that way! Buying a condo is just to responsible a thing to do and ultimately, kinda boring from my pov.)

But, good luck to you--although seriously, wait until you've saved at least $25000 before buying.
I love it, sounds like a good book theme.

Quote:
"Here's how i saved money: I lived in homeless shelters while making $800/week as a construction labourer. My total daily expenses: $1 (for breakfast) 6 months later, I was living with the parents--and saving at a slightly less advantageous rate

That is a pretty amazing story, urbandreamer. I'm always amazed by people who can so tightly control their finances."

He's not controlling his finances so much as offloading them to taxpayers and parents...

Hmm considering I save 75% of my after tax income, how much control do I really have? The thing I hate about daytrading: the tax bill. I've got to figure out how to avoid paying taxes or at least reduce my rate. It's insane:(

Back