News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

C

cassiusa

Well, the bro and I now have our condo townhouse up for sale in Pickering so I'll be looking to pick up a unit downtown by mid June. I'm thinking the boundaries I'll be looking within are:
Bloor on the north
Parliament on the east
Bathurst on the west
Queen's Quay on the south

Given the above, I've been looking at mls.ca but haven't had all that much luck with really finding something that stands out for me. My budget no doubt has something to do with this as I'm limited to about $210,000-$220,000.

Can anyone think of any new condo developments we all love to follow on UT that have move-in dates in either May or June? All I need is a 1 bedroom and I might even consider a bachelour unit. Decent views a plus ;)

Why does it need to be a new building?

I was on a condo hunt last summer and seem to remember seeing a lot of stuff in the area and price range that you seek. Have prices climbed so much so fast?

It doesn't have to be new. It's mostly because the condo fees would be cheaper for the first year or two of my ownership. Most of the existing stock I see has some pretty hefty condo fees. I'm not closed off to resale properties at all other than for that reason.

I'll check their sales office for any remaining available in HVE. Last night I checked out the Pinnacle sales centre and Tower A should have move-in dates really close to what I need and their one bedrooms are (barely) within budget. Unfortunately it's too late to choose any materials or appliances but I'm expecting to come across that pretty much everywhere I look.

It may be hard to find a 2 br for your price range in the downtown area. I find that's about standard for a small 1 bedroom, re-sale.

causs... youll most likely have beeter selection on mls, if you are looking for HVE.

Does anyone know anything good/bad about Pantages tower? There seems to be a number of units available in there which means I either have a good selection within that building or there's a bunch of people selling for a reason. Anyone have any info?

I have a friend who lives in the building and seems relatively happy with her purchase. Her unit is Toronto Condo 101 as far as layout goes and there's quite honestly nothing special about it, but I'm sure there's other variations in the building. Her only major complaint has been noisy neighbours, but that's about it. The location is hard to beat.

I looked in that building when I was buying, and would have bought there if it hadn't been the very first unit I saw.

If you are looking for resales within cityplace you may want to checkout prompton.ca, thats their specialty

You may also want to check out Battery Park which will be completed in September, falls within your price range but it is west of Bathurst, in a cool neighbourhood though ...

Waterparkcity is closer to bathurst and should have some limited availability in your time frame, I am not sure what their prices are like now though

Thanks for the address, mattrx. I've contacted prompton.ca as there didn't seem to be too much listed on their website.

As far as Battery Park and Waterparkcity, I've checked both their respective websites and msl but have had little luck.

Maybe someone has some website resources other than mls.ca? I've gone through just about every unit and there's nothing to appeals enough to me - maybe I'm being too picky though.

No problem ... You may need the help of an agent, the public access to mls is somewhat limited versus the version real estate agents see. They can look at specific buildings, sale, rent history, etc, etc ... Not all of the mls listings are available to the public

Thanks, FutureMayor, but I just hooked up with an agent yesterday. I now have much better access to msl current listings etc.

Right now, however, I think I have my mind set on Pinnacle Tower A, north side, 1bdrm. Hopefully on the 32nd floor. There isn't really all that much in the immediate area which is unfortunate but there has to be a few things eventually moving into Pinnacle's huge podium. That thing is massive!

Does anyone know of any reasons not to purchase a Conservatory Group unit? Any bad word on Ballagio? This is only their 2nd development in Toronto.

Back