News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Interesting article on Solar Power in Alberta. Largest solar project in Canada Being built near Vulcan.

I'm pretty sure production will work something out with the businesses. When I lived in DC there was some sort of production happening in Dupont Circle that shut down access to this bakery that I liked going to. I asked the staff afterwards and they said the business gets compensated for loss of business
my cousin was a professional in SF for this... he would go around and "buyout" film locations.

Yeah I did a massive project and 35 page paper on solar energy in Alberta last year. The Vulcan solar farm will be able to power all of southern Alberta south of the Calgary city border essentially, including the entire Lethbridge CMA and Medicine Hat CA.

It is looking more and more like the U.S. in particular is heading for an energy crisis. Biden wants OPEC to increase production in the hopes of lowering prices. OPEC don't seem to be interested in that. Biden doesn't want more Canadian oil (or bitumen as he calls it) and Trudeau doesn't want to offer more of it up for fear that it might lead to increased production.
We can't grow our economy by selling more fossil fuels ...something the world is going to continue consuming for decades to come ... no that would just send the wrong message and make too much common business sense (all said with a heavy dose of sarcasm 😁 )

Last edited:
It is looking more and more like the U.S. in particular is heading for an energy crisis. Biden wants OPEC to increase production in the hopes of lowering prices. OPEC don't seem to be interested in that. Biden doesn't want more Canadian oil (or bitumen as he calls it) and Trudeau doesn't want to offer more of it up for fear that it might lead to increased production.
We can't grow our economy by selling more fossil fuels ...something the world is going to continue consuming for decades to come ... no that would just send the wrong message and make too much common business sense (all said with a heavy dose of sarcasm 😁 )
Buying O&G stocks this time last year after Elizabeth May declared "oil is dead" is the best financial move ive ever made. Will be interesting to see how high oil prices go

Yeah I did a massive project and 35 page paper on solar energy in Alberta last year. The Vulcan solar farm will be able to power all of southern Alberta south of the Calgary city border essentially, including the entire Lethbridge CMA and Medicine Hat CA.
Some pretty impressive solar projects slated for Alberta.

I’m currently involved in a 100+ MW solar facility In AB. I’m also involved in a pumped storage project in AB. Alberta WILL be the leader in alternative energy in Canada within the next 2-3 years. The market will become saturated though.
the 100MW facility, is that the one near Vulcan\Lomond or a different one?

Back