The lengthy consultation seems like a Faustian affair. Reading the documents earlier today it appeared that no substantial changes were made in response to input from generally pro-development respondents. Begging the question: what's the point?

Project could be cool but its present execution is more dorm then longterm residence, imho.

Hey everyone, just a quick update - after lengthy consultations with stakeholders, the project continuing to move forward with the land use re-designation and concurrent DP application. Updated info on the project can be found here. Enjoy!
Has the land use and DP already been submitted?

Edit: I see it already has. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.

I just looked up the location for this one for the first time. I thought for a second they were tearing down that old mansion at the corner of 14th and 19th and was slightly appalled. Then I noticed that it was the corner of 14A and breathed a sigh of relief. It'll be a massive improvement over the mish-mash of small houses that currently sits there.

Reactions: MJC
I for one am thrilled about the work that Moda is doing, can't wait to see how this and The Hive turn out! :)

I just looked up the location for this one for the first time. I thought for a second they were tearing down that old mansion at the corner of 14th and 19th and was slightly appalled. Then I noticed that it was the corner of 14A and breathed a sigh of relief. It'll be a massive improvement over the mish-mash of small houses that currently sits there.

That lot is also being redeveloped (different project).

That lot is also being redeveloped (different project).
Redeveloped, but with the heritage house staying on that lot. Judging by the rendering it would be moved within the lot itself.

22924332521_ac79836331_b.jpg

Attachments

• 22924332521_ac79836331_b.jpg
    22924332521_ac79836331_b.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Just a quick update on this project. As some of you may have heard, Calgary City Council voted unanimously to approve the land use re-designation that will allow this project to move forward as designed. The concurrent DP application is now in its second round of circulation through the planning department and we expect a favourable decision this fall.

That's fantastic news to hear the project is moving forward. Good luck on the application process.

Woohoo! This'll be a great addition to Bankview!

Back