20220316_130606.jpg

20220322_184041.jpg

First time attending a game with the piss ramp gone. Have to say its a much better experience entering and exiting the grounds, feels more organic even with all the construction happening. Definitely makes it a bit more of a gongshow for taxis and people who park right at the dome due to the volume of people.

Even with the evente centre being cancelled/delayed for now, are they still going through with other developments in the area? Any new buildings or parks being proposed to be built around the BMO Centre/Event Centre area in the next year? I hope they dont just stop developping the area near it until the event centre gets finalized, as id like to see the area start to slowly take shape. I guess im just impatient.

It doesn't seem anything else is in the works tho for Victoria Park besides this

There is currently a DP in review for Stampede Trail road improvements, and the SAM Centre (western heritage museum) over in the youth campus area has had the site cleared and leveled and piling for the parkade should start pretty much anytime now. Beyond that I don't think so, it sounds like the hotel site beside cowboys either didn't get much interest at the RFP stage or was put on hold once the event centre got cancelled.

The Event Centre will take about 4 years to construct. Even everyone waited until excavation of the arena actually started before they even purchased the land, they'd still finish anything they want before the arena.

Not much will go ahead until the arena meaningfully starts construction - which it will.

Back