Pics of the new BMO centre….or the new arena, as it Was referred to in a conversation I overheard. lol
4FA3682D-06A3-4C19-84BF-AB0ED9E08FCB.jpeg
0ADB125C-9926-4283-994C-8402B0427328.jpeg
33BC7E33-E5E0-474A-A13B-F692328B012E.jpeg

On CBC this morning Stampede CEO said majority of steel done by Stampede. Should be a busy month.

Also drove by Victoria Park C-Train station this week and saw electrical going in on the temporary platform. I assume that will be open by Stampede too. They built quite the temporary cement barrier along Macleod, whenever they take that out they'll have quite the opportunity to make Macleod multi-modal... Or just keep it and run a couple bike lanes up the other side of the median.

Last edited:
On CBC this morning Stampede CEO said majority of steel done by Stampede. Should be a busy month.

Also drove by Victoria park C-Train station this week and saw electrical going in on the temporary platform. I assume that will be open by Stampede too. They built quite the temporary cement barrier along Macleod, whenever they take that out they'll have quite the opportunity to make Macleod multi-modal... Or just keep it and run a couple bike lanes up the other side of the median.
Wonder if Macleod could function with two lanes each way. 1st SE (aka Macleod Southbound) could be reconfigured for local access only with bike and pedestrian lanes

Wonder if Macleod could function with two lanes each way. 1st SE (aka Macleod Southbound) could be reconfigured for local access only with bike and pedestrian lanes
The volumes would barely work. Would work better as a split cuplet - 4 lanes each way seems to max out around 40,000 movements, and you likely want close to 50,000.

I've dreamt this dream or something similar to it (except make northbound local access only). Just with the median already there the opportunity to connect the Elbow River and the cycle track is sitting right in front of you.

The volumes would barely work. Would work better as a split cuplet - 4 lanes each way seems to max out around 40,000 movements, and you likely want close to 50,000.
Macleod is so well served by the C-Train. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to make commuting up and down Macleod and little slower when you have such robust transportation alternatives to go north and south on the corridor. Especially if you add bike lanes north and southbound.

Last edited:
Would you still need 50k? I don’t know anything about traffic stats but I am guessing they have been down lately due to the higher vacancy downtown, plus the amount of people working remotely.

Back