Hmmm...I went back in the thread and on post 339 by Surrealplaces he confirmed that the exterior would be a copper metallic panel similar to the T-Mobile arena in Vegas. This does not look like that at all. Either we have been bait and switched or else they are saving the metallic panels for the front sides as this is back of house and might eventually get blocked out by other buildings.

Hmmm...I went back in the thread and on post 339 by Surrealplaces he confirmed that the exterior would be a copper metallic panel similar to the T-Mobile arena in Vegas. This does not look like that at all. Either we have been bait and switched or else they are saving the metallic panels for the front sides as this is back of house and might eventually get blocked out by other buildings.

Keeping in mind that Duck Lightning's post shows the shadow-side of the material during a semi-overcast day, I compared that to similar weather conditions for the T Mobile Arena & it honestly doesn't look much different? I can't be sure. We'll have to wait for clearer photos.

overcast.PNG
bmo.PNG

Unless something has changed since since the bid documents in 2021 (possible but not likely) the material you see going up is what is primairly used across the rest of the building. The area highlighted above is unfortunately just a transition line as the roof starts its curve there. The panels are an aluminum composite in three different copper colour finishes.

Pretty underwhelming. Between this, the Event Centre and Platform I think CMLC has lost the public trust when it comes to producing anything other than shiny renderings that are then value-engineered down to disappointment. Thank goodness the library more or less made it through unscathed.

Pretty underwhelming. Between this, the Event Centre and Platform I think CMLC has lost the public trust when it comes to producing anything other than shiny renderings that are then value-engineered down to disappointment. Thank goodness the library more or less made it through unscathed.
Don't forget the self cleaning toilets.....

Haha this looks like the exact same shit that is used on the podium of West Village Towers by Cidex, just more brown and less beige.

What a disappointment, I had such high hopes for this thing based on the renderings. I can only imagine how shitty the arena will end up looking based on how horrid the renderings for that one are. Not holding out any hope for anything decent for Arts Commons at this pace.

Back