There are few very cities, let alone events that support that size of a stadium. I mean look at BMO field in Toronto, less than a decade old, for a major metro area (4x Calgary) and it only seats about 30K without additional temporary sections.
I'd love to see a new stadium, but I wonder about the viability of it. An arena is barely viable these days with tenants using it close to 100 times a year + added concerts. The stadium would get used maybe 10-12 times a year, plus Dino games, but they could easily be played at a field house.

I was getting a bit full of myself there still trying to think of ideas for a new McMahon Stadium let's move this somewhere else

I have two questions one will there actually be the amount of exhibition space they say it will be (more than 1 million) but that’s just a total amount of building space. What will it be once this is completed really and second they said that the Ferdie conventions are already signing up to occupy it for conventions between 2024 and 2028. I’m curious what the conventions names are

I'm not sure there is even much of an outdoor stadium concert scene these days. I'm trying to remember how many outdoor concerts there have been at Commonwealth in recent years.
per setlist.fm: (excluding artists playing during sports events, obviously.)
2023: Luke Combs
2022: Poison/Mötley Crüe/Def Leppard; Garth Brooks (2 nights)
2021: Nobody
2020: Nobody
2019: Nobody
2018: Nobody
2017: Metallica; Guns N' Roses
2016: Beyoncé; Fort McMurray Fire Aid concert
2015: AC/DC; One Direction
2014: Nobody
2013: Nobody
2012: Nobody
2011: U2

Not a lot, really. Less than 1 show per year.

per setlist.fm: (excluding artists playing during sports events, obviously.)
2023: Luke Combs
2022: Poison/Mötley Crüe/Def Leppard; Garth Brooks (2 nights)
2021: Nobody
2020: Nobody
2019: Nobody
2018: Nobody
2017: Metallica; Guns N' Roses
2016: Beyoncé; Fort McMurray Fire Aid concert
2015: AC/DC; One Direction
2014: Nobody
2013: Nobody
2012: Nobody
2011: U2

Not a lot, really. Less than 1 show per year.
Thanks for posting. It's even less than I thought it would be when you stretch it out over 12 years, plus the fact it's not likely music acts would do a stadium concert in both cities.

I'm okay with the fake fireplace, as there isn't really a need for a real one that size. It would only be a huge waste of heat, as you couldn't use the heat to properly heat the building and fake one is better from a environmental perspective.

This just in from Calgary! They're reporting that they have a "fake" biggest fireplace in Canada! Back to you Jim. 🤗

Back