The money for its demolition is part of the deal so I'd imagine it comes down as soon as it's vacated by CSEC
Yah, i'd say Spring 2028 by the time its cleaned out, ect...Given the nature of the tension roof, curious what kind of demo they go with. Pretty close to the BMO to do dynamite

I worked at the Saddledome as one of my first jobs as a 17 year old kid. I was an usher. That was back in 84. Shit I'm old! Oh well goodnight.💩😵‍💫
I work there as an usher now. Very fun job, and shoutout to management (it’s rare to say you enjoy your bosses but I do)

Anyways, definitely will be extremely sad when it comes down. I have so many good memories there.

I worked at the Saddledome as one of my first jobs as a 17 year old kid. I was an usher. That was back in 84. Shit I'm old! Oh well goodnight.💩😵‍💫
I worked there in 84 as a 16 year old in one of the concession stands (M24) Lots of good memories. I remember being led on a tour before the building was opened, it was awesome.

I got one singular photo- It's pretty walled off. Lol.

1717017026167.png

That's a lot of back patting for a circle.
Honestly 😂

One day I want to start an agency where the motto is "things that look good and mean nothing", just to counter these rationalizations and deep meanings which get lost the day after ribbon cutting
"It's practical, encorporates greenery, and celebrates history". Done! Leave it at that!

The posters are by far the best feature of the plaza a patch of grass is fine but there is nothing here that will bring anyone down 17th
And luckily, nobody ever said the convention centre plaza would be a destination itself. It's providing public realm for BMO/stampede/rivers, which is being designed to stand on it's own. You want 17th to stand on its own.

Back