In the video they said they want it to bring people down 17th.
Ah. Yes they did....along with a lot of other silly "fart sniffing" things to justify their massive design contract. I guess my point was, as the city/cmlc has planned stampede/rivers, theyve been consistent that the physical connection btwn 17th and rivers is important for mobility, but each area has its own amenities and character....vs designing one to draw from the other.

I would think that a large convention at the BMO would have a lot of people looking to go somewhere for lunch or drinks, so this should be a boon to the east end of 17th the way the Telus CC is to the east end of Stephen Ave currently. Any idea that this would work the other way requires there to be some sort of destination in the BMO that will bring non-convention people there, and I don't see that in this anywhere. Now, the east end of 17th is a huge wasted opportunity, so I am curious how many people will be willing to walk to 4st for lunch from the BMO. The old Mill St is still empty, seems like a no brainer that something will open in there soon...

I would think that a large convention at the BMO would have a lot of people looking to go somewhere for lunch or drinks, so this should be a boon to the east end of 17th the way the Telus CC is to the east end of Stephen Ave currently. Any idea that this would work the other way requires there to be some sort of destination in the BMO that will bring non-convention people there, and I don't see that in this anywhere. Now, the east end of 17th is a huge wasted opportunity, so I am curious how many people will be willing to walk to 4st for lunch from the BMO. The old Mill St is still empty, seems like a no brainer that something will open in there soon...
That part of 17th needs a success story. Maybe it is Sovereign once it is built?

Building officially opens tomorrow. The article almost implies that it will be possible for the public to check out the interior but offers no further details. I know the Stampede is offering free guided tours this coming Saturday as part of their community event at Enmax Park but I don't know if there will be any other opportunities for people to be able to explore the facility outside of attending an event that is hosted there.

Building officially opens tomorrow. The article almost implies that it will be possible for the public to check out the interior but offers no further details. I know the Stampede is offering free guided tours this coming Saturday as part of their community event at Enmax Park but I don't know if there will be any other opportunities for people to be able to explore the facility outside of attending an event that is hosted there.

Wonder why the hotels haven’t taken off. If there really was such a shortage and so many events booked, why hasn’t anyone taken the plunge?

I believe the long-term plan for that includes the revamped Olympic Way with the restaurant(s), bar(s), hotel, and Arena area. I'd assume that area would be nicer to walk to than Macleod Trail anyway.

I know the Vancouver Convention Centre is open to the public. Not the entire facility, but the atrium spaces and whatnot.

They just updated the BMO Centre page with new info on each venue in the building

I didn't realise it was a triple Decker fireplace.
🔥🔥🔥
1000007782.jpg

Back