Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You might be right about the plaza being the best in the city of this type. I can't think of any other office building plazas that aren't dismal and sterile. Most are at their best at lunchtime on a summer day, but are devoid of life any other time. This one actually looks decent, and with it's location it might have half a chance.
One restaurant with a patio or some food kiosks, and this plaza would probably do very well. Imagine Wonderland, + a resto with patio. Would be great.

If anything, based on those descriptions of similar spaces, all it really needs to be pushed over the top is a good piece of public art.
Public art is nice, but it really needs a restaurant or coffee shop so people will actually sit in the plaza instead of just walking through. AS it is right now, outside lunch time, the only people that will linger will be the undesirable types.

Public art is nice, but it really needs a restaurant or coffee shop so people will actually sit in the plaza instead of just walking through. AS it is right now, outside lunch time, the only people that will linger will be the undesirable types.

There's a 2,300 sf restaurant unit available on the NW side of the plaza, as well as a kiosk at the SE corner. Scotiabank and Deville have the other spaces adjacent to the plaza.

Fully agreed. A coffee shop, restaurant or pub (why not all 3? :)) would really seal the deal. Fixing up that block of heritage buildings on 7th between 1st and Centre would also be a big help.

It is unfortunately close to Scotia Centre which is a magnet for less fortunate folks for whatever reason. (I've heard the McDonald's is to blame.)

There's a 2,300 sf restaurant unit available on the NW side of the plaza, as well as a kiosk at the SE corner. Scotiabank and Deville have the other spaces adjacent to the plaza.

Nice news about the restaurant. It even says patio right on the plan.

I love Deville. I just hope they don't lose their soul through their aggressive expansion. Never hurts to see a local company do well though.

Edit: "Site of Future West Tower" is a funny euphemism for "Shitty Parkade that's Going Nowhere."

Last edited:
The 6th Avenue side is pretty spartan and unwelcoming. The paving is nice in the plaza but, the design doesn't promote conversation. It'll probably be windswept most of the time. You just know it's by design too. Damn office properties owners view everyone milling about as loiterers. Overall, I'm pretty disappointing by the landscaping/ grounds but I also expected as much. Quality materials are a given with a billion dollar, class AA office tower.

Hi Group,
I was D T on Saturday, Honestly the Lobby Area are Nothing to Write Home About Really - YET - Yes Give it What Say 6 Months and the Whole Areas will B Well Worth the Time/Efforts to what Finally Goes In, True the Whole Block is a Work in Progress so if the 2nd Tower Ever Gets Blt then what Ever Goes in will ADD Value to the Project in the Long Term. I would Like to see the 2nd Tower Blt really, That Parking Structure is Starting to look as a Blite in My Book. Guess its because I don't want to see the Block become a Bldg Block like at 1st Cdn Centre,

Tnx,
Operater

Don't know how long ago it happened but the parking lot is now open under the building. Used it on Saturday evening.

I imagine there was nothing particularly special to report about the parking garage... unless there was and you're baiting us! :eek: But for real, that's neat. Is the lobby open?

I imagine there was nothing particularly special to report about the parking garage... unless there was and you're baiting us! :eek: But for real, that's neat. Is the lobby open?

Yeah nothing special to report about the parking. There were at least 4 electric charging stations. Lobby was open so you could get out with access to both the north and south side, did not appear to have any access to the atrium area yet.

You might be right about the plaza being the best in the city of this type. I can't think of any other office building plazas that aren't dismal and sterile. Most are at their best at lunchtime on a summer day, but are devoid of life any other time. This one actually looks decent, and with it's location it might have half a chance.
One restaurant with a patio or some food kiosks, and this plaza would probably do very well. Imagine Wonderland, + a resto with patio. Would be great.

Only if they add removable tables and chairs. The seating, as is, is too far apart from another for people to engage with each other and enjoy the space.

Much like I expected, but I agree about the brightness. It's nice to have a +15 passthrough that has lots of glass and high ceilings.

Thanks. Not bad at all. That's the seating they need in the plaza as well.

Re: Brightness.

I guess only as long as phase 2 doesn't get built.

Back