Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just walked through on the +15, really impressed with how much light the atrium has, will be a great space if they ever finish the second half!

Hi Group,
Interesting Observation! The Only Place that will B Connected Into will B the Bay Store for Now - Open When the Bay is Open as a Rule. Any Other Connections
North - East/West will have Wait till the 2nd Tower Gets Blt - If it Happens, will have to Wait a For a While.
Tnx,
Operater

So I ended up returning to Brookfield yesterday to check that little boot out one more time and I took a few pictures as I was doing it:

Scotiabank has put up adds informing they will be opening up in the building and as we all know Scotiabank will be moving their main Calgary branch from Scotia Plaza a block away:

36032002573_17db555e15_b.jpg

36006729314_1351dde90e_b.jpg

A booth that we were talking about:
36670542132_35303d392c_b.jpg

Close up:
36840881625_89470b596f_b.jpg

Those pipes sticking out look like a plumbing hook up (hot and cold water + sewer), positioning of those make me think this will be either a public washroom (I doubt it) or more likely a little coffee shop/bar or some sort:
36701398921_eee55c2365_b.jpg

Those metal panel doors make me think it could be a multi-purpose building... since those look like they could be ctrain power control boxes (unsure of the proper name) but the rest of the building appears that it'll be more than that. Hoping it's a cafe.

I really hope that think is a coffee shop / kiosk, because it would some much needed life to the plaza. Otherwise, I'm not particularly blown away by the design of it, as it's fairly cold and sterile.

It's always a shame how much of an afterthought these things are to developers. They should've just given the plaza to CMLC to design!

I think it would be truly wonderful for that to be a cafe or kiosk of some sort. A great way to drive foot traffic up on the streets. Now if it were to just be some utility building or something, I'd rather they not have clear, inviting windows showcasing a bunch of plumbing and such. My guess (and preference) is that it's some kind of little shop.

Those metal panel doors make me think it could be a multi-purpose building... since those look like they could be ctrain power control boxes (unsure of the proper name) but the rest of the building appears that it'll be more than that. Hoping it's a cafe.

I Agree. It has the look of a utility building on one side and some sort of retail kiosk on the other. I guess the easiest thing would be to look up the retail leasing. I hope it isn't event storage. I don't think they would have used clear glass and a standard aluminium framed glass entrance door.

That's wonderful news, it just made my evening. If they could put a few tables and chairs nearby they would make my month.

Now if they could just do an exterior reno of the Bay building (window replacement, clean the facade, fix the sidewalks), this would be a great little area of downtown.

It's a pretty small space they are offering, so the kiosk must be a counter right up to a window that opens up to the public. Either way, this is good news, something to help get the plaza some life.

Back