If the canopy isn't waterproof, there's no point to it. Don't know how finished these drawings are, but if this is any indication on the expected final state, it's not really clear:

I really don't get why we don't put real weather proofing up (i.e. an awning that actually blocks rain and sun) or nothing at all because it's pointless to have weird metal grates above doors for no reason. In this case it's on the shady south side of 17th Avenue, so sun sheltering isn't needed at anytime of the year except like 2 hours a day June 19 - 23.
Because it almost doubles the cost due to the additional steel required for snow loading. That's why you don't often see closed canopies.

Because it almost doubles the cost due to the additional steel required for snow loading. That's why you don't often see closed canopies.
Fair point - but why have a non-functioning canopy instead of nothing? Zero steel to offer zero protection is cheaper than half the steel to offer zero protection.

I appreciate the podium design, much better than the previous renderings from ASI. Brick= nice texture. Curved walls for the entrance + Canopy = nice feature. i
The tower portion of it reminds me of Western High School, the school near... But those suites have no balcony?\
Overall I think it's a great addition to the Tomkins Park area.
I hope ASI don't VE everything out! It would be a pity, specially for such a prominent site!
When does construction start? Anyone?

This design revision is terrible. I loved the facade on the October 2022 design.
Nothing shouts value engineering like Arlington Street Investments. The first renderings always dazzle.

I am curious to see how the other ASI projects turn out. IMO, for the most part, the Windsor and the Fifth are fairly close to the renderings.
I know what you mean, though, the original renderings for Fishmans and the location where the Enzo is going we’re both renderings I don’t think would’ve ever gotten built.
The new renderings look more attainable, but anything can happen.

Last edited:
B73302D8-4E3C-4EFB-9A77-9418133F00F1.jpeg
A19A88EA-9F54-4747-995E-13A2CFAF06A5.jpeg

Back