Nothing happening yet, but the gate is wide open. Maybe equipment is arriving today?
IMG_3667.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.02.34 AM.png

They set up some form of pile hole drilling equipment on the site late yesterday. They are also currently tying rebar cages. I'm not familiar with the construction techniques that are going to be employed here, but it doesn't look like there will be any excavation happening, based on this (?).

Which brings up the question .. what about parking for the 44 residential units?

View attachment 496706

They set up some form of pile hole drilling equipment on the site late yesterday. They are also currently tying rebar cages. I'm not familiar with the construction techniques that are going to be employed here, but it doesn't look like there will be any excavation happening, based on this (?).

Which brings up the question .. what about parking for the 44 residential units?
Zero parking for this one. They are likely creating piles to support the ground level slab. This build should go very fast.

How does plumbing work with a ground level slab? Is there a vault below the frost line for the water line to come in/sewer to go out?
I'm not an expert plumber, but it should be the same as the typical industrial building, from what I've seen the section through the frost line into the building is insulated. Nowadays it could be different, but that's what I've seen on some other buildings.

How does plumbing work with a ground level slab? Is there a vault below the frost line for the water line to come in/sewer to go out?
Slab on grade requires frost walls that go down 4' minimum (8' under an unheated space). The mains that feed the site are all below frost line, and should stay below that until they hit the building. Plumbing lines will be just below the slab in a drainage layer, but is not usually protected much as heat from the building above keeps the ground from freezing. I've seen wrapped pipe under a slab on grade, but I don't believe it's common.

Back