News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If last year someone had asked me if the Flames would be starting this season at 10-3-5 I would have laughed. What's even more amazing is an 8-2-2 record on the road, where all teams were .500 or over except for two. They aren't as exciting as the Flames from 2018 where they were a rushing team with lots of beautiful goals, but this style of play is more difficult to play against, and will give them a better chance in the playoffs.

If last year someone had asked me if the Flames would be starting this season at 10-3-5 I would have laughed. What's even more amazing is an 8-2-2 record on the road, where all teams were .500 or over except for two. They aren't as exciting as the Flames from 2018 where they were a rushing team with lots of beautiful goals, but this style of play is more difficult to play against, and will give them a better chance in the playoffs.
Our goaltending is also far better than what we had in 2018. That gives us the chance to steal a win here and there when the team isn't playing as well up front (like the Pittsburgh game for example).

And I'll take solid goaltending over a flashy offence

Flames overall are a different team from 2018. They are a bit older and more mature, and have better depth IMO. We'll see how things are as time goes on. Tonight for example they should easily beat Chicago on paper, it'll be interesting to see if they can get the win. Partly from coming off of a long hard road trip, and only having a day in between might make it more difficult, but on paper they should be able to win this game.

Last edited:
Yeah, goaltending is better. The system they play is not easy for other teams to play against, you mix that with the talent they have and I think it's one of the reasons they are winning or in every game. Even in the 3 reg losses, all three were involving empty net goals. This team reminds me of the 2004 Flames, but with more talent.

Back