News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yeah, definitely a difference in that department. Sutter tends to push his players and gets results. In the past couple of years they had many nights when they came out flat and looked disinterested. This year's team has been coming out stronger at the start of games.

Friend of mine was sent home from the office today, they're giving the entire dome a deep clean and kicked everyone out, Hitmen game tonight is still on though.

Don't be surprised if the Flames don't play again until after X-mas.

17 Players and 10 staff tested positive in the last couple days, crazy how fast Covid is spreading through the team, and this isn't even Omicron.
With the players all hunkered down in locker rooms and breathing heavily in between period breaks, any of the variants will spread quickly.

AS a Flames fan since I was 4, this is going to be tough! But I will never give 1 cent to this team as long as Murray Edwards is the owner. Cancel the season for all I care now. What a joke!!!!

It feels like they have their offence of mojo back again. Even though they lost against They were all over St. Louis and Columbus and in Edmonton the other night they were the better team and could’ve won that game.

What I’ve been noticing lately is that they are jumping out to the strong starts like they were at the beginning of the season. Hopefully they can keep that trend going.

Eventful game for sure, just a list of milestones and such.

- 3 points for Johnny (on pace for 110 in 82 games)
- Career high 19 goals for Mangiapane
- 100th career point for Mangiapane
- 400th Career point for Elias Linholm
- First goal as a Flame for Grudbranson
- League leading 6th shutout on the season for Markstrom
- Franchise record 62 shots on goal
- 12 points in 4 games for Chucky

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 2.03.09 PM.png

That first line is playing great. Hopefully they can continue with that type of play.
I don’t want to be a Debbie downer but I can’t help thinking about 2018 when the top line of Johnny, Monahan, and Lindholm was crushing people until about 2/3 of the way through the season when other teams ( like Colorado) seemed to have solved them.

I do think this current line with Tkachuk is more talented and more resilient than the one from 2018 so here’s hoping. With Tkachuk instead of Monahan, I think you get an upgrade in skill, and it makes the line more dynamic with his peskiness.

Back