News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Oilers in four or five. Vancouver hasn’t played any playoff hockey in recent years and they barely got by in their round this year with an easier opponent compared to the other teams.
Vancouver will look like a deer caught in the headlights when they off against face the Oilers.

I now this might get me forcibly expelled from Calgary, but I will be reluctantly rooting for the Oilers. I hate the Canucks more. And I agree that they'll likely win handily.

You're underestimating the Canucks, the Predators were a far superior team to the Kings. Maybe this is my anti-Oiler bias but I think the Canucks are a good matchup for the Oilers. I pick the Canucks in 6, so the Oilers win two games but lose the series.

The NHL Draft Lottery is today at 4:30 PM on Sportsnet. The Flames have 5% chance of landing the top pick.

Don't think we'll be able to get Tij at 9th anymore unfortunately. His stock has risen quite a bit because of his performance at the U18's. Hopefully we can trade up a few spots and grab him.

Not the worst if we don't get him. I'd love it but I can see some positives if we don't. I honestly think it is best if we don't draft Tij, I think the average fan would expect too much and he would never reach those expectations.

A pessimist would say he was a late riser, you have to be mindful of lightning in a bottle prospects, why wasn't he ranked high early on? Would also be very tough to come into Calgary, no shortage of expectations with that name compared to Seattle where 98% of fans don't know who Jerome Iginla is.

Lots of mock drafts have Utah (6th) or Ottawa (7th) taking Tij. I could see Conny going for a D in this draft, need more in the system still.

You're underestimating the Canucks, the Predators were a far superior team to the Kings. Maybe this is my anti-Oiler bias but I think the Canucks are a good matchup for the Oilers. I pick the Canucks in 6, so the Oilers win two games but lose the series.
Oilers in 5. Not that I'm routing for them, but if I had to bet money, that's what I'd choose.

I still think the Oilers will take the series, might be in 5 games like I predicted. I'm predicting 6 games now. I also bet money on the Oilers, so maybe this is more hope than anything lol.

Not Flames related, but this is kinda becomming a hockey catch-all type thread with the boys on the outside of the playoffs again.

Canada in playing Great Britain at the world championships tomorrow. Can't think of a time where we played the Brits in international hockey! should be a blood bath lol.

Not Flames related, but this is kinda becomming a hockey catch-all type thread with the boys on the outside of the playoffs again.

Canada in playing Great Britain at the world championships tomorrow. Can't think of a time where we played the Brits in international hockey! should be a blood bath lol.
I assume they played each other in the 19-teens around the war where the brits perhaps would've had a few Canadians on the team.

Back