News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Such a relief to see the Flames finally break through the smothering blanket of the Stars, also known as the masters of running interference. Sutter mentioned a few times earlier in the season that the Flames needed to be 'comfortable playing in tight games' and I think last night was a good example. They didn't get frustrated and kept to the plan. Eventually it paid off, and it was that much needed secondary scoring that did it.

Toronto failed to move on, and the Oilers managed to survive, 2 Game 7s tomorrow. Here's hoping the Flames can be the only Canadian team to finish in 6! I'm looking for Toffoli to light the lamp tonight, he's been all around it lately.

I have mixed feelings about the Oilers. On one hand it would be nice to see them knocked out of the 1st round again, on the other hand a battle of Alberta would ignite both cities. I think Edmonton would have a better chance of beating Calgary than LA would, given that it would be an all out battle with both teams trying their hardest, and anything can happen.

Back