News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Vegas is close to being in a rebuild. They have nearly no prospects and an aging core and they remind me a lot of the late 2000s Calgary Flames with how they're constantly trading away prospects and draft picks in the hopes of winning now
Edit: Vegas is also in cap hell because of all the massive contracts they've taken on

Last edited:
Vancouver was on quite a nice run after picking up Boudreau and could be a threat next year. They do have a group of good young players, but I think if I’m not mistaken they’ll be over the cap and they’re gonna have to let one of those guys go. This past season it was rumoured that it would be Brock Boeser who would be going, but do you want to keep JT Miller? He was a driving force for the team last year but he’ll be 30 next year. Also I think last year was a career season for him.

Vegas is close to being in a rebuild. They have nearly no prospects and an aging core and they remind me a lot of the late 2000s Calgary Flames with how they're constantly trading away prospects and draft picks in the hopes of winning now
Edit: Vegas is also in cap hell because of all the massive contracts they've taken on
Thinking thew same thing. SJ is also on the way down, or is close to the bottom of their cycle. Anaheim feels like a team on the rise.

San Jose is definitely a team on the bottom of the cycle. When you think about it they have been a good competitive team for a long time. Even though they haven’t won a cup, they have been to the conference finals five times in the last 17 seasons. It’s about time they are on a down cycle.
Anaheim has some good young players but I’m not sure where they are at yet. We’ll see how they play next year, if they have another decent season then yes there are probably a team on the rise.

Starting to think we are going to lose Gaudreau or Tkachuck this summer, should have had Johnny signed by now. Both players are worth $10M easy, and we only have $25M in cap space with Johnny, Chucky, Mangiapane and Kylington all needing a contract...

Hope the Flames make Tkachuck an offer and make him captain. Zadorov will also hit free agency, hope we keep Gudbranson! Wonder if the Flames will try to take Kadri now, never really liked the guy but he had a hell of a season and playoffs in Colorado!

I honestly think the Flames should blow it up, it's painful but this upcoming draft is sooooo good. Bedard is supposed to be as good as McDavid, but even the next several guys are supposed to be insanely good. If we ship out a lot of players we could get so many picks and be set up for contention really well in a few years

Back