News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Huberdeau and Weegar are both UFAs next summer, I hope BT has some sort of assurance they would consider signing next year. Would be a shame to have hope for the future just to have both guys walk away next summer. Huberdeau had 115 points and 85 assists last year, so hopefully Monahan or Toffoli can score some goals because Huberdeau is always looking for the pass.

Amazing trade by BT though, that's a better return than I would have expected!

Yup the Hitmen are playing some home games away from the Saddledome next season because of scheduling conflicts as a result of the Wranglers suddenly moving in. Also the team announced Thursday night that they signed Jonathan Huberdeau to a 8 year 84 million dollar contract (10.5 million per season.) The contract will begin in the 2023-2024 season after the last season of his current contract is up.

Doesn't the arrival of the AHL farm team here kind of undermine the Flames' threats to move? Still waiting for some Tsuut'ina arena deal announcement one day though.

Doesn't the arrival of the AHL farm team here kind of undermine the Flames' threats to move? Still waiting for some Tsuut'ina arena deal announcement one day though.
The Flames threat to move was always empty. If the flames left for some American market, a different American team would relocate here ASAP. The money here is way better than any American market that doesn't actually give a shit about hockey

Not sure how accurate it is, but I've heard that the requirements to relocate a team are quite onerous now. The team would have to pay a $300M relocation fee (half the expansion fee), have the approval of the majority of owners in the league and present a business case that shows it will be more profitable in the new location. Flames aren't going anywhere.

Cale Makar is making his rounds of the city with the cup today, just saw him on the roof of a building on 1 St SW!

So apparently Logan O'Connor has the cup today and was at O'Connor's with the cup, never made that connection before. Logan's dad Myles also played in the NHL in the early 90s and now manages that store.

Last edited:

Back