News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Pretty good win today, in a city where they don't win very often. I have a feeling they'll make the playoffs, but I honestly don't see them doing much unless they can somehow gel and take off. I have this feeling they'll face Dallas in the first round and Dallas will get their revenge.

Flames aren't making the playoffs, they just aren't on the same page. I'm not sure what the record for OT losses is in a season, but the Flames must be close with 11. You can see from watching them that this team is better than most of their opponents, but they can't score, can't defend a lead and have so many brutal turnovers! Unless they make a splash at the trade deadline, they aren't going anywhere this year.

The Flames have yet to win a game when trailing after the second period so there's definitely a problem with leadership on this team. The team is also tied 3rd in loses after leading with 16 loses. 12 in one goal leads and 4 in two goal leads.

The game last night is a good example of how the Flames have been this season. They often outplay their opponents in terms of taking the play to their opponents, and their time of possession as well as shots on net or shot attempts, but can't seem to score, and a soft goal either allows the other team to get an early jump, or to take the lead late in a game...or as we saw last night, win it in overtime. I pray the Flames don't give up picks to get a player at the deadline. At this moment it seems pointless, as it feels like another re-build is coming anyway. Out of all the deadline trades the Flames have done, have any ever really panned out? I think think of any unless I go back to Jon Tonelli in 1986.

Last edited:
The game last night is a good example of how the Flames have been this season. They often outplay their opponents in terms of taking the play to their opponents, and their time of possession as well as shots on net or shot attempts, but can't seem to score, and a soft goal either allows the other team to get an early jump, or to take the lead late in a game...or as we saw last night, win it in overtime. I pray the Flames don't give up picks to get a player at the deadline. At this moment it seems pointless, as it feels like another re-build is coming anyway. Out of all the deadline trades the Flames have done, have any ever really panned out? I think think of any unless I go back to Jon Tonelli in 1986.
That loss was on Markstrom. The Flames outplayed them and he let in 3 goals on 3 shots. Thank God Minnesota also seem to be losing. Looks like the 2 will battle for the last playoff spot

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the Flames are done for the year. They still have a chance to make the playoffs only because the conference is weak, but they aren't a team deserving of making the playoffs, and I agree with Cowtown, I hope they aren't dumb enough to trade away prospects so they can make a run at trying to make the playoffs.

They are not scoring enough ... plain & simple. Huberdeau & Kadri have not filled the scoring void left by Gaudreau & Tkachuk. Although Gaudreau is having an average season (for him) in Columbus, look at what Tkachuk is doing in Florida.

Huberdeau has looked better lately, but he still isn't earning his pay. He is on pace for less than half the points he put up last year. I blame Sutter and his dump and chase, grind it out on the boards style. We need some creativity in our game, more than shots from the point and a scramble in front of the net every play.

I blame Sutter
The irony is Sutter is both the problem and the solution. Flames aren't where they are (around a playoff spot) without him but they're also likely a far more entertaining product without him too. And if you squint you could argue a better team but that's impossible to say because we don't know what that looks like.

I am super pessimistic about the Flames. Huberdeau doesn't work with Sutter and Sutter's extension hasn't even kicked in. His agent is already complaining on twitter. We have Huberdeau and Kadri at enormous prices for a terribly long time, which means we'll be good enough to not compete but at the same time not bad enough to tank for the top picks. The summer looked good on paper but this is not looking good

Back