Best direction for the Green line at this point?

• Go ahead with the current option of Eau Claire to Lynbrook and phase in extensions.

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • Re-design the whole system

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Cancel it altogether

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
I am not an urban planner, just a lowly project manager, so I am unaware of what was discussed before, but why could the station not be on 12 Ave right outside the new stadium? Most of that side of the stadium is grade level gathering places and restaurants. This would most likely be the best route and that is why they decided to tunnel this route, but just wondering why grade level to elevated would not work.
The province's need for it to be integrated into a Grand Central Station. Maybe 12 Avenue does that, but I think they've decided the at-grade station is either on 10 or 11 Avenues. I think 10 Avenue. Unfortunately, journalists don't have our enthusiasm for this project so they don't clarify what has been decided on 4 Street SE station. Something has been decided because they're now (maybe after the long weekend as those people are likely celebrating having a job today) proceeding with final designs we just know what.

Isn’t there like a 10 story parkade for the Calgary tower there? How tall would the train track have to be?
It's a good opportunity to demolish the parkade and build an elevated station over the CP tracks that serves the Beltline and Downtown.

Or...if structurally possible...retain the existing parkade and convert it to an LRT station.

It's a good opportunity to demolish the parkade and build an elevated station over the CP tracks that serves the Beltline and Downtown.

Or...if structurally possible...retain the existing parkade and convert it to an LRT station.
Didn't want to put this in the green line thread... They've got new ideas over at Waterous and they're... Interesting?

"If CPKC gets on board, the province can build CADE from the airport to downtown within the CPKC rail corridor and then elevate the track for 5.5 km between the Bow River and 11th Street S.W. CADE’s 2.4-km downtown section could include three new stations along 9th Avenue: Downtown East (at 4th Street S.E. — Grand Central Station), Midtown (at 3rd Street S.W.) and Downtown West (at 11th Street S.W)."

No way it happens. I like the Waterous' though, they're like us but have money.

Waterous' are thinking of just that for their proposal.

I wonder if 12th ave to 5 st is really not possible elevated. You would need to figure out how to work it with the existing bike lanes etc, but a station near Chumir and then using the surface parking lot to swing around for the curve up 5th might make the best sense for getting people to where they want to go.

And just imagine the view from the train as you make that turn. That alone is worth the cost of admission. I also know having the elevated line go through heavy traffic areas is great as people stuck in traffic see the train fly by and start to wonder why am I waiting to make this left turn instead of taking the train.
Love love love the idea of using the parking lot next to chumir for something. And the thought of shoving visible transit down the throat of 12 ave drivers is absolutely titillating!

Good to hear the project is restarting!

I'm glad they're using high-floor trains. Increased speeds and capacity along with interchanging with Blue and Red lines.
Where do you see that they've switched to high floor trains?

That would not be a positive thing, imo.

But I can't find anything to indicate that is true.

E: whoops, bit slow y'all beat me to it

Back