I'm excited to see this one get going, hopefully it draws some much needed attention to the area.

The location just feels kind of... weird. I know 11th and 11th is two blocks away, but it's completely surrounded by gravel parking lots and desolate single story retail. One thing illustrates what I mean the best: the existence of 13th St.
View attachment 368162
With zero exaggeration, the only purpose this street serves is to divide land with roadway. What planner in their right mind looks at this and says, "yeah, this is necessary."
I think this would be a good spot to transition the roadway from a shitty street to a cool ass woonerf or linear park that could be a good way to attract development in a place with little pull for investmentdue to its surroundings.could be a great place for experimental placemaking if done well. It’s not like it connects anything so try something experimental and new and add a ton of greenery and public amenities maybe. The area is a bit lacking in park access and could be a good way for the city to use a seriously underutilized roadway with no connections

I think this would be a good spot to transition the roadway from a shitty street to a cool ass woonerf or linear park that could be a good way to attract development in a place with little pull for investmentdue to its surroundings.could be a great place for experimental placemaking if done well. It’s not like it connects anything so try something experimental and new and add a ton of greenery and public amenities maybe. The area is a bit lacking in park access and could be a good way for the city to use a seriously underutilized roadway with no connections
Maybe when the mainstreets team get to 14th that could be made a reality

Things I didn't know I wanted, wow great idea.

B7D5BD0F-1781-4994-8320-C53D2F67905E.jpeg
A14329D1-B8B5-4FF0-9C71-E9009A6A8EFF.jpeg

Back