• So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
E205CD6E-6013-41FF-A401-A28C385C4F6E.jpeg

The Beltline flywheel is speeding up. The more people move to the Beltline -> the more interesting it becomes -> the more people want to live there -> the more development is incentivized
Couldn't agree more. I have a coworker who moved here from Ottawa 6 months ago and lives way out by Spruce Meadows. He and his wife visited the Beltline for the first time last week, and now want to move downtown.

The Beltline flywheel is speeding up. The more people move to the Beltline -> the more interesting it becomes -> the more people want to live there -> the more development is incentivized

missed this post, youre spot on, and to think theres something like ten towers being built waiting to be occupied.

missed this post, youre spot on, and to think theres something like ten towers being built waiting to be occupied.
I agree there is momentum, but I still think the most important thing is that the parking lots get filled in as opposed to tearing down buildings for new towers. I’d rather see the parking lots filled with 6 storey developments in the medium term to push demand back to towers in the core. We give density away for free here

There are very few buildings not going in on empty lots. The ones that have required demolition first are hideous/dilapidated buildings that are out of scale for the direction the neighbourhood is heading. Either one is a win, and unfortunately capitalism doesn’t work the way that all developers should be forced to only build on parking lots. We have both enough development, and enough developable space of all types, to go around.

Hey! Just thought I'd chime in here as there seems to be some curiosity building around the west CRU. It is indeed our new home AND we've incorporated a micro-coffee shop within the office. It will be run by I Love You Coffee Shop which has a location on 4th Street already. We think coffee + architecture makes a great combination and we invite anyone to come down for a cup (when it's up and running in about a week or so) and have a look at what we're working on!

They’ve bottomed out, looks like they’ve piled the last of the material and getting it out.

00908589-248C-4C8A-8653-E330F15C5C7A.jpeg

Back