News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Salt & Pepper was pretty good, a bit pricey and the portions were on the smaller end, but was quite tasty! The owner was chatting with us the whole time, very nice guy. Definitely recommend!

I tried Ten Foot Henry for the first time yesterday. Loved it. It's not the cheapest place around, but if you don't mind paying a bit more for good quality I highly recommend it. It's family style, so great if you're going with a group of 3-5 people.
Is that place veggie, or do they just accommodate veggie? Lots of my vegetarian and vegan friends go there so I always assumed...

Is that place veggie, or do they just accommodate veggie? Lots of my vegetarian and vegan friends go there so I always assumed...
I was there back in the summer and we had chicken and beef in a couple of the dishes. They do have some vegan dishes iirc. I agree with surreal, it's not cheap, but the food kicks ass. We were planning to go there for our company Christmas dinner and it got kiboshed due to belt tightening :confused:

Definitely meat dishes there, but the veggie ones they have are really good. Almost makes me want to become a vegetarian until I realize I can eat all the delicious veggie dishes I want and still eat the delicious meat ones too!

Tried Blowers & Grafton for lunch, it's a Halifax street food themed place, pretty decent had a Donair that was quite good, maybe a bit heavy on the sweet sauce, but still really tasty. They do home made chips there too, quite enjoyed them as well.

Tried Blowers & Grafton for lunch, it's a Halifax street food themed place, pretty decent had a Donair that was quite good, maybe a bit heavy on the sweet sauce, but still really tasty. They do home made chips there too, quite enjoyed them as well.
What were the prices like?

Went to Bread and Circus the other day. We had two appetizers-- charred cucumber and salt cod and a chicken liver dish-- which were excellent. The pasta main was good but didn't blow me away. Service and atmosphere was great. A little pricey but the quality was there. Definitely worth checking out.

Went to Cibo on Centre Street N the other day. Thursday they have appetizer special where you can get 5 appies for $20 bucks. All of the appies range from solid to excellent. Great place for a date as two people could easily do 5 appies, and each have a couple of drinks and still be well under $50 bucks.

Appetizers

• House Marinated Olive
    orange, garlic, oregano, chilli
  • Arancini
    roasted mushroom & mascarpone, tomato, grana padano
  • Truffle Fries
    white truffle oil, grana padano, sea salt
  • Roasted Roots
    chestnut honey, toasted pumpkin seeds, goat cheese, mint
  • Duck
    preserved duck, pickled cherries, whipped gorgonzola
  • Cauliflower
    brown butter, pickled raisins, capers, black olive & walnuts
  • Veal & Pork Meatballs
    tomato, grana padano, evoo
  • Whipped Ricotta
    blueberry compote, lemon and vincotto
  • Chickpea Hummus
    lemon, parsley, smoked chilli, garlic
  • Brussels Sprouts
    prosciutto bread crumbs, feta heese, pomegranate molasses
  • Artichoke & Olive Dip
    grana padano, mascarpone, garlic, basil
  • Calamari
    chickpea puree, pickled cucumber, red onion, hot peppers, lemon

Another Downtown West establishment has closed its doors. Upper Deck, above the co-op liquor store on 10th Street and 6th Ave, has closed down. This was on the door earlier this week, with the hand written note saying they were closed for good:

IMG_20190501_164309852.jpg

Maybe I am part of the problem, having only went there once in the past 3 years. However, it didn't really impress that first time (exact opposite really), so didn't go back. Hopefully something a little nicer goes in, but I have a feeling it might be vacant for a while. The old Good Earth retail bay is still empty.

Anyone know if Bear and Kilt on Stephen Ave is done? they have a sign that they closed on April 9 for some plumbing repairs in the building, and nothing since...

Back