News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I was there with my boyfriend and a few of my fraternity brothers like two and a half weeks ago.

Edit: Ohhh now that I'm thinking about it, the back end was blocked off, they must have been doing repairs still, but yeah it was definitely open.

Went to Cibo on Centre Street the other day. Looks like new owners have taken over (not sure if it's the same for the 17th ave location) The menu has changed a bit. Seemed like they were having trouble getting orders together, but that could be due to them being new to it. I'll go back in a couple of months and try it again, see if they've worked out the kinks.

Where Fiore's was on 17th and 6 street SW
15600276526995257559135270639149.jpg

Whats everyone's favourite sushi place these days? Just went to Hana Sushi in Mission and I was kinda disappointed by it, that used to be one of my favourites...

FYI restaurant spaces currently under construction:
- Former PARM location on 1 Street SW (space between Ten Foot Henry and Tokyo Smoke)
- Former Little Lot Diner space in 8th Street Coop
- NW corner of Missao building is finally leased (has been vacant for 3+ years)
- Former Provision location in Central Memorial is being reimagined by Sidewalk Citizen group

I'm not sure what the intended tenants are for the first three though.
*edit: Said 8th Ave COOP meant 8th Street

Last edited:
FYI restaurant spaces currently under construction:
- Former PARM location on 1 Street SW (space between Ten Foot Henry and Tokyo Smoke)
- Former Little Lot Diner space in 8th Avenue Coop
- NW corner of Missao building is finally leased (has been vacant for 3+ years)
- Former Provision location in Central Memorial is being reimagined by Sidewalk Citizen group

I'm not sure what the intended tenants are for the first three though.

Exciting to see new things planned for those spaces. I know that PARM space is going to be the new location for Home & Away.

Their spaghetti is... an acquired taste.

Going there is an experience, though. It’s like the happiest place on earth. At least that was my experience eating at the Scarborough location.

There’s a funny scene in the Manila episode of Parts Unknown where a visibly confused and grumpy Anthony Bourdain (RIP) is forcing himself to eat at Jollibee.

Question for our Asian members, why are so many Asian restaurants in Calgary cash only? there have been a couple places I've wanted to go with friends lately that are cash only and nobody carries cash anymore so we ended up elsewhere.

Not Asian, but I know that merchants have to pay fees for every credit card and debit transaction they process. Debit is cheaper, but I think it still costs money.

Also, cash is required for any business being conducted "off the books" like, say, paying less than minimum wage to staff who may not technically have permission to work in Canada.

Both of these things contribute to the lower prices that allow small immigrant-run "mom and pop" shops to compete in the food services sector.

Back