News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Found this great write up on Calgary's coffee scene: https://sprudge.com/the-sprudge-coffee-guide-to-calgary-173020.html

As a long time coffee snob, I can't believe how much it's exploded in this city. We went from a few standouts to one of the best scenes in North America in 15 years. The same seems to be happening with craft breweries

I was blown away by the coffee scene when I arrived in this city a few years ago. I shudder to think of the crap espresso I used to drink back in TO. From my place in Marda Loop I have a number of amazing options all within walking distance: Monogram and Neighbour on 16 st, P&S on 33, Rosso on 34, Tres Marias on 19, Aroma in CSpace, and Halo on 14 street. I'm sure I'm forgetting some places.

Anyway, coffee is Calgary's best kept secret. Any theories as to why the scene is so hot here?

I was blown away by the coffee scene when I arrived in this city a few years ago. I shudder to think of the crap espresso I used to drink back in TO. From my place in Marda Loop I have a number of amazing options all within walking distance: Monogram and Neighbour on 16 st, P&S on 33, Rosso on 34, Tres Marias on 19, Aroma in CSpace, and Halo on 14 street. I'm sure I'm forgetting some places.

Anyway, coffee is Calgary's best kept secret. Any theories as to why the scene is so hot here?
wheres the Rosso on 34th?

I sure love the pop-up patio taking up some of the parking lot. I don’t know if the food is good there, but you know the beer is going to be good. Stuff like this is a satisfying victory.
871EE380-C0F1-4D16-9F23-5A10E743EC47.jpeg

I sure love the pop-up patio taking up some of the parking lot. I don’t know if the food is good there, but you know the beer is going to be good. Stuff like this is a satisfying victory.
View attachment 330484
The food's good there, and yes so is the beer :)

To your point about these pop up patios. It's always nice to have patios along the main street corridor, but these parking lot patios are great too.

Back