News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone familiar with this new opening?

The menu is upscale and varied.

It is somewhat off the beaten path (3rd St & 5th Ave SW) although Ceili's and The Keg are around the corner from it. It is a pretty big space and 'overlooking downtown' is bit of an overstatement as it is one level above street. It will have to be a destination if they want to make a go of it. Foot traffic along there is pretty limited.

Last edited:
Yeah it was mentioned in one of the development threads, more regarding how it’s located on the fourth (or whichever) floor of a super hostile looking building in a pedestrian unfriendly area. It does look cool though. I’d love to see more of this or the like and force a reimagining of the streetscape to make things more welcoming downtown.

I know I've Harper about Denny's coming to 17th Ave before but I'm actually impressed with the quality of the materials used in the location. The used scalloped edges on the tables and any place with a skyline backdrop makes me happy 😁. Plus the waitress said it was busy on the weekend and I'm just glad to have a mid range restaurant on the Ave!
20210712_164910.jpg
20210712_164818.jpg
20210712_164813.jpg

Looks like the former Cibo space on 17th has a new tenant. Whiskey Rose, a Nashville inspired "saloon" will be opening there. Could be sweet, could be terrible, time will tell

Last edited:
Looks like the former Cibo space on 17th has a new tenant. Wiskey Rose, a Nashville inspired "saloon" will be opening there. Could be sweet, could be terrible, time will tell
A saloon? In Calgary? I wonder if it will have a whiskey list and pulled pork on the menu.

Innovation in the restaurant industry is remarkable sometimes!

Back