Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 97 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters
Anyone know if there any arenas in the NHL that have windows visible from the bowl? Can’t say I’ve ever noticed in the ones I’ve been in and I don’t recall seeing any in a broadcast from the rest.
I can’t think of any, but just about every new stadium in U.S. has incorporated a big wall of glass for natural light.

Climate Pledge has visible windows, they're curtained over for games

Climate Pledge Arena renovation nearing ...

I was hoping this area (in green) was going to be window space for natural light, but it doesn't appear so. Would be a nice tough if it was.

View attachment 584412
The wall is on the the west side, so there is the possibility of it becoming a window of some kind in a future reno if they want. Personally I think that if they are going to have a big flat wall, it should have something on it, like a big LED board or wall of flame (fame) of some kind. Leaving it blank like shown is just such a waste.

Last edited:
Took a look at this diagram from the DMAP download... Noticed some interesting things:
It shows the camera positions, I count 19 different cameras around the top of the lower bowl.
The top three rows are different from the other rows, could be table seating. I cannot tell what's in the rows beside the cameras, any ideas?
There looks to be multiple entrances at different levels under this bowl; there's a upper-bowl entrance in the middle of either side, and there's another couple entrances on the event level (behind and beside the bench, and beside the penalty box). I was wondering why there seemed to be so few concessions on the main concourse, my guess is that's because a lot of the seats are likely "Sponsored Club" seats with access to other food and beverage areas. I do appreciate there is a bit of variety for places to sit or even stand.
View attachment 584383
I can likely answer most of these....
- With my experience permitting, the top 3 rows are probably just for fire code evaluation, showing the maximum distance a fan would travel to the aisle...the rows get shorter as you go down. Looks like accessible seating is on either sides of the camera.
- Looks like there is table/ledge seating behind each net at the top. Hopefully they find more of those for casual fans to stand, vs. ticketed
- There are not less points of sale, just fewer permanent concessions. Compared to Saddledome (as like Rogers Place), you'll see more bars, fewer permanent concession stands, more grab and go's for beer/hot dogs/burgers/nachos, and then WAY MORE portable food carts. Rogers Place probably has 12 of these on main concourse for unique items (perogie bowls, brisket sandwiches, sushi, vegan, ect...). Edited the permit drawing, red being what looks like permanent stands, blue is grab and go, green just examples of where you see portable stands in arenas (anywhere with a flat wall!!!)

keep in mind, 30% of lower bowl now has the club concourse for bathrooms/concessions, thank god
DMap Plans (Submitted) DP2024-05327 (9MB) 2024-07-19-3_edited.png

kinda strange, apparently one can view the detailed floorplans at city hall, but they arent available online this time. Guessing maybe security reasons?

kinda strange, apparently one can view the detailed floorplans at city hall, but they arent available online this time. Guessing maybe security reasons?
This is common, you can go to city hall and see pretty much any set of DP or BP drawings for any project in the city. You can't take the plans with you or take pictures of them, they are the property of the Architects, engineers and developers.

This is common, you can go to city hall and see pretty much any set of DP or BP drawings for any project in the city. You can't take the plans with you or take pictures of them, they are the property of the Architects, engineers and developers.
Yah, I meant moreso that they were all online last time.

My only critique so far of the design, and maybe its just making too much of a rendering that probably isnt complete yet... but the bowl, while steep, seems to lack a bit of the seating variety you see now, moreso in the semi-premium/premium area. No noticeable group suites, loge tables, mini suites, drink rails....aside from the club thing on suite level behind the stage. It feels very, standard?
the-calgary-flames-have-presented-their-new-home-the-scotia-v0-rzkl60mcp4ed1.png
CEC_BowlHockey_July16_2024_FINAL.jpg

View attachment 584857
It appears pilers are on site.
Is part of Stampede Trail's scope to do the east side of 4th Street between 12 Ave and the underpass or will we have to wait for the block north of this to be developed to get that sidewalk redone.

I can see it now, the arena is done, Stampede Trail looks great but to get there you have to walk over an asphalt sidewalk that's waiting for a developer but get off its wallet.

Back