Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 97 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters
I doubt the Saddledome site will be developed like shown in future density renders too. The addition of more flat space to an already crowded Stampede Park, is too much of a positive for them to allow development.
Screenshot 2024-08-23 104955.png

These are my favorite debates. IMO the saddledome site has the least likely chance of succeeding in redevelopment, given the land uses surrounding it...atleast from a residential/office perspective. MAybe a parkade thing with retail front it? The success of the area, over the next 8-10 years hinges on the red areas. If those are developed, it truly means SP has done its job. The rest of rivers relies on bus barn movement, elbow river frontage, ect....

Would be nice to get a development along Olympic Way right in front of the Saddledome. Like was mentioned, even a parkade with retail at the bottom would do the trick. Could even just be seasonal vendor stalls or something. Would give a sense of completion to the eventual district.

View attachment 590352
These are my favorite debates. IMO the saddledome site has the least likely chance of succeeding in redevelopment, given the land uses surrounding it...atleast from a residential/office perspective. MAybe a parkade thing with retail front it? The success of the area, over the next 8-10 years hinges on the red areas. If those are developed, it truly means SP has done its job. The rest of rivers relies on bus barn movement, elbow river frontage, ect....
I remember this proposal a little bit to the right of the top red area. Wonder if they still own the land or it's been sold to a more reputable developer.

I remember this proposal a little bit to the right of the top red area. Wonder if they still own the land or it's been sold to a more reputable developer.

Beautiful design, a nice clean project that transitions nicely from what will be denser development along Stam Trail, to hopefully lower scale closer to the river. Simply unveiled at the wrong time, oil crashed merely months after

A farmer’s market and/or night market (a la Richmond Night Market) would be cool on the land!
It's the natural answer and fills much of the missing parts of the clock and calendar for the area to really be a 24/7/365 destination.

Brings families and people early to get the best produce, gives a chill place to wander and eat all day, all year. Activity will just be winding down right as the evening and event crowd should be picking up, assuming their is a nightlife component that emerges beyond the game/event nights.

You'd think there'd be a natural tie-in between agriculture/farmers market and stampede culture, but alas - Stampede has always been on the exhibition/entertainment side, it surprisingly has never really functioned (or shown much interest) in playing a more market/agriculture role like a traditional farmers market.

Still - seems like a natural fit if they can wrap their head around it!

Back