Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
It would be an increase in height, as they've already settled on the floor-heights of the first significant section of the residential portion. The increase would be a negligible ~3ish meters, but, bringing it to 225 meters and 60/61 storeys is pretty dang nice if you ask me. Any added height on this one is a win, no matter how minor. This beauty should be as visible as possible.

So, apparently Telus Sky already is officially 60 floors... so, I suppose this thread should be updated. I guess the proposed added floor will make it 61.
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.08.30 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.08.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.08.30 PM.png
    479.6 KB · Views: 499
If they add the extra floor, will that increase it’s overall height? Or is everything a little more smooshed to compensate?
There’s no structural complications against adding another floor?
I would say extra height given that the added floor came into the picture late. Even if they decided to add it earlier they would probably keep the same floor heights.

It does look like 60 according to that diagram....unless that's the extra floor added? If those are sky office floors, it should be changed from 59 to 60. The only thing confusing is the 3rd floor connecting to the +15....makes it seem like it may have a 60th floor, but the building has only 59 in total.
So, apparently Telus Sky already is officially 60 floors... so, I suppose this thread should be updated. I guess the proposed added floor will make it 61.

No dude, I can confirm that this is the same diagram and floor-count that has existed since the beginning of construction. I just forgot about it until today. I believe I've cited it before either on here or SSP, but it was disregarded. I think that may subconsciously be why I finally screenshotted it.

Last edited:
Well, it is officially, according to their site. So, sounds good to me :p

I would say extra height given that the added floor came into the picture late. Even if they decided to add it earlier they would probably keep the same floor heights.

We don't know when this came about if the rumour holds water. It's not too late to add another floor within the same envelope even today.

Yes, so, it's what we have... therefore, we should use it.

If they add another floor, it will be the first building in Western Canada to officially have 60+ floors. It already will be, as the rooftop amenities level is 1/3 indoors, but that hasn't been included in the floor count..

Aren't Shangri La and Trump in Vancouver both over 60 floors?

Yes, so, it's what we have... therefore, we should use it.

That's not true either assuming the data in regards to floor count and height posted on a site like skyscrapercenter came from something a lot more official than a stacking plan on a leasing website. I don't care which way the forum leans in this regard. 60 floors does sound a whole lot better and it's still probable the tower has been revised to 60 floors over the course of the last few years. Let's just be honest about it. This is not a technical drawing for Telus Sky. The figures here are assigned floor numbers and assigned floor numbers are not always the same as the actual floor level. Any Vancouver condo website can attest to that.

Back