Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
I understand that. I was strictly considering the 200+ club of skyscrapers, whereas Vancouver House is 150 meters. Telus Sky will likely never become "lost" in our skyline, whereas, due to the extremely limited range of the heigh corridors in Vancouver, Vancouver House may eventually become lost from a few angles. At least it's in a prominent location at the foot of the Granville Bridge though, so that prominent view will always be open to it.

Disagree on Vancouver House. I like the white panels, but don’t fund it to be head and shoulders above Telus Sky. In fact I prefer Telus Sky. Vancouver House looks like it tried to hard, yeah it’s different but that’s mainly it. Look awkward IMO.
Personally, I find BIG's Vancouver House head and shoulders in cool factor above Telus Sky. The sprawling Habitat styled development planned for Toronto is more interesting to me as well. All are amazing though. Vancouver is on cloud nine right now. Alberni by Kengo Kuma is near perfection. There's too many great towers out there to even begin to widdle it down to just a handful.

Telus Sky is more elegant than Vancouver House, but but Vancouver house does have a funkier look. I would take Telus Sky however over Vancouver house overall because elegance outlasts and outclasses funkiness.

Interesting. Neither are very elegant to me. Both rest heavily on funkiness.

I understand that. I was strictly considering the 200+ club of skyscrapers, whereas Vancouver House is 150 meters. Telus Sky will likely never become "lost" in our skyline, whereas, due to the extremely limited range of the heigh corridors in Vancouver, Vancouver House may eventually become lost from a few angles. At least it's in a prominent location at the foot of the Granville Bridge though, so that prominent view will always be open to it.

The height in metres and placement in the skyline are superficial characteristics when engaging in architectural merit of a building. Which is best among 200 plus metre towers is an obscere stat since you're limiting the selection to a very limited number of buildings. You still did peak my interest which is why I'm replying. I think Telus Sky is actually being built in one of the most opportunistic spot in all of Calgary to be blocked out by taller towers from most angles. Vancouver House is hemmed in by shorter condos on all the side. There's little opportunity for new development with the multi-ownership structure of condominiums. The neighbourhood should look the same 50 years from now.

I’m not sure if elegant is the right word either. For Telus Sky with its tall slenderness and gradual curve has a regal understated look.

To be honest I’m glad that Ingels toned it down a little bit due to calgary’s conservative nature. I feel like we got a building that has a mixture of traditional design and something organic and different, rather than something that’s simply different for the sake of being different.

Interesting. Neither are very elegant to me. Both rest heavily on funkiness.

Hi Group,
In Comparing This Bldg to the Suncor Bldg It Looks like they Maybe Closer to 45 Flrs but not sure Really,

Tnx,
Operater,

telus sky and vancouver's house both got great design. But thing is Telus sky is 200m+ which is more significant than the one Vancouver.

I’m not sure if elegant is the right word either. For Telus Sky with its tall slenderness and gradual curve has a regal understated look.

To be honest I’m glad that Ingels toned it down a little bit due to calgary’s conservative nature. I feel like we got a building that has a mixture of traditional design and something organic and different, rather than something that’s simply different for the sake of being different.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Hi Group,

Still a Long way to Go, a Topping Off Party of Sorts can't B that for Off - Give It a few Months and See how it Goes. Gives the Block a Feel of Its Own - Suncor, Hanover,
Telus, and Encana Bldgs.

Tnx,
Operater.

From Centre street and 16th Telus Sky is now taller than the smaller Suncor tower even though it’s further away.

Hi All,
I will B Interested to See Who Makes for the Taller Bldg, Telus or Encana now that Telus is Going to B 60 Flrs Up.

Tnx,
Operater.

Frosty pic from yesterday
4AE22319-A585-47F7-84F8-F6AFB46479C3.jpeg

Attachments

• 4AE22319-A585-47F7-84F8-F6AFB46479C3.jpeg
    4AE22319-A585-47F7-84F8-F6AFB46479C3.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 342
Hi Group,
I Don't remember how Hi Hanover Bldg is Off Hand. Next Time I an in the Areas will have to walk in and check the Elevators for FL Height. Been there a while s so I Should Remember It. Even if Its smaller I Still look at Hanover as part of the Encana, Telus and Suncor Sky Line.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,
I Don't remember how Hi Hanover Bldg is Off Hand. Next Time I an in the Areas will have to walk in and check the Elevators for FL Height. Been there a while s so I Should Remember It. Even if Its smaller I Still look at Hanover as part of the Encana, Telus and Suncor Sky Line.

Tnx,
Operater.
25 floors.

Back