News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Another called 'The Calgarian' These must have been concepts.
11057493186_8ff26df5c3_z.jpg

When I get a minute I'll do some more digging. Unfortunately the really old SSP threads are stripped of images, or they're dead links.

BpIxXOFCEAAZcZc.jpg

Sturgess design for the Osteria Medici lot at 10th St NW & Kensington Road
post_content_Osteria_Proposal_-_Sept.13_-_13.jpeg

First design for The Concord by Arthur Erickson
res-eau_claire_residential_building-nick-milkovich.jpg

Not unbuilt, but previous designs:
Either the first or second of three designs for Penny Lane / Eighth Avenue Place
featured1.jpg

The previous design for Minto Bridgeland
15473261302_4325ca08c5_b.jpg

The Park before they scrapped the stone and went all glass/spandrel.
8085072912_d969dccf1b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad we got the Penny Lane towers that were built. The initial renderings had a 1980's feel to them and don't look as unique as the ones we actually have.

In regards to The Park, I would have prefered the version with the stone as originally designed. Would have fit into its surroundings better.

I am a big fan of the Concord as we see it, but I had a soft spot for the original design. It has a Miami/resort feel too it.

OMG those Penny Lane towers are so awful ? Such a mailed in waste of a design. Thank god recent office towers (The Bow, Telus sky, Brookfield Place and 707-5th) are better.

That Batman looking Bow Tower looked ridiculous! glad we never got that one. I do lament the loss of the massive atrium in the Bow though, would have had tree pods scattered up the inside. Instead we got 3 sky gardens with fake trees and the rest of the atrium filled in save for 10' of useless space.

Back