Truman has updated the community rendering for this project, to now accurately show the latest projects, including Oak & Olive, Mondrian, Parkside, The Quarters, Plaza and West District Townhomes:
1666129095416.png

How is this development turning out in person compared to University District?

Pretty comparable I'd say. In fact, I'd reckon that Truman does a better job than UD with their urban street integration by having dedicated protected cycle lanes on each street and lots of bike racks (It honestly baffles me that UD does not have a single protected bike lane in its entire plan, only shared paths). Truman was one of the first developers to work on University District (Noble) and it definitely seems that they took back a lot of the same design practices and improved on them in the West District master plan.

Overall, I'd say both are excellent examples of how future "Urban" neighbourhoods should be planned. Currie, Seton, Trinity Hills, etc. take note...

Last edited:
How is this development turning out in person compared to University District?
Still a bit too early to tell. West District only has the one half block of retail on their mainstreet, give it a bit of time though. As this next round of projects builds out (Oak & Olive, Mondrian, Plaza, Quarters, District Townhomes) along with the central park, it will be at a much more comparable stage.

Truman has a rendering and name for the next project in this area on their "coming soon" page. It is being called Adelaide:
1671203196316.png

I am not 100% sure on the location, as Broadcast Ave and 77th Street SW is where Newberry and Mulberry are. If I would guess, I would say it is across the lane from Newberry, directly west of it, and direclty north of their Quarters project. Not much else for information at this poiint, but exciting to see yet another significant project in such a short span of time for this area.

Truman has a rendering and name for the next project in this area on their "coming soon" page. It is being called Adelaide:
View attachment 445564

I am not 100% sure on the location, as Broadcast Ave and 77th Street SW is where Newberry and Mulberry are. If I would guess, I would say it is across the lane from Newberry, directly west of it, and direclty north of their Quarters project. Not much else for information at this poiint, but exciting to see yet another significant project in such a short span of time for this area.
Looks like you are correct on the location:

1671210952569.png

A land use amendment for the commercial building next to the central park has been submitted:

Also, the District Townhomes website confirms the location of Adelaide as being behind Newberry:
1671833158191.png

1671833255973.png

Back