Yeah Seton is garbage, my bad. But yeah Westman Village is what I was referring to in Mahagony. It's only a couple blocks, but still somewhat comparable in scope to the retail nodes of UD and WD. Biggest difference is its on a lake/pond, so they didn't "need" to include greenspace.
Seton could be better for sure, but on the positive side, it's much better than many of the other neighborhoods going up, and 10 times better than the ones from 20 years ago. Once the in area just south of the hospital gets built out, it'll be decent I think. Not at West District or U/D level, but solid.
Yeah, it's too bad there was more Westman Village in that area. They did pretty good job on it.

The crane at Parkside is being removed today:
1675635000215.png

Seton could be better for sure, but on the positive side, it's much better than many of the other neighborhoods going up, and 10 times better than the ones from 20 years ago. Once the in area just south of the hospital gets built out, it'll be decent I think. Not at West District or U/D level, but solid.
Yeah, it's too bad there was more Westman Village in that area. They did pretty good job on it.
There was a plan for a lower density phase 2 for Westman Village that they have planned to the south of the current one. Not sure what happened to that plan. Maybe just on hold while they sell off the condos they have already built in Phase 1.

The latest construction updates from today. Parkside is really coming along, with its windows now arriving on site and being installed:
1676060587806.png

1676060615666.png

Balcony railings are going up on Newberry 1:
1676060657378.png

And the exterior brickwork on Newberry 2 is also most of the way done by the looks of it:
1676060700467.png

A new DP for West District, this time just a utility building for Radio Park. No plans or renderings posted yet, but I don't think this will be a major structure:

And, some construction photos from today. A lot of the windows are in at Parkside:
1676671619392.png

Some millwork and cabinetry is being delivered and installed in Newberry, so a good sign that occupancy will be in just a few months I bet:
1676671668719.png

And while this photo may not be very exciting or revealing, I can say that yellow construction fencing is new, and a lot of the marketing banners have been taken down on this site, meaning it looks like construction of The Quarters is going to begin very soon:
1676671737312.png

The utility building at Radio Park has posted their drawings. This is just a minor, secondary structure so I won't give it a spot on the community project map, but they have done a good job of making it look better than just a typical shed"
1677251260228.png

1677251293667.png

The drawings also contain a site plan of Radio Park itself (construction starting this spring). It also has a legend showing the Feature Elements. I am curious to see what the animal themed Entry Sculptures look like:
1677251401690.png

Looks like it is going to be quite a remarkable space, on par with or exceeding Central Park in UD. Really excited for this.

The drilling rig was working today, creating the holes for the shoring piles. I don't know if we have set rules for what constitutes under construction, but I am counting this one as started.
1678303208444.png

I also saw, but didn't photograph, what looked like a couple of drilling rigs over at either The Mondrian or Plaza site. I will try to get by there next week to see if which one (maybe it is both) and if they have started drilling for it too.

Back