The development permit for the commercial building within the central park has been submitted, architect is MODA.

The drawings are not available yet, but Truman is featuring the project on their marketing website here. Looks pretty cool for a suburban commercial building:
1674187826289.png

1674187891834.png

Also, there is a higher resolution rendering of Adelaide now up on their website's comming soon section:
1674187985318.png

Here is the updated community map:
1674188061194.png

Parkside is really starting to take shape, with another concrete pour happening today:
1674251238110.png

Newberry Building 1 has most of its exterior cladding up, while Building 2 is starting to get its cladding on (not really visible in the photo though)
1674251312343.png

And site preparation work is happening for Trico's West83rd Townhomes, which now have an approved DP.
1674251431670.png

And sorry for 3 posts in a row on this thread, but I just got this e-mail from Truman's marketing team:
View attachment 451565

Looking good for sales still, and hopefully this means we see groundbreaking on Plaza in 2023.
No need to apologize. Love the updates, and the really great news!

Absolutely beautiful. I love that we're getting a bunch of beautiful, dense, and photogenic areas around the suburbs and especially outer suburbs (West District, Mahogany, Seton, University District, etc). These sorts of things are what make cities great. Calgary is probably the most centralized major city in the Americas if not the world. It'll be great to have destination areas outside of the inner city once they're finished.

Absolutely beautiful. I love that we're getting a bunch of beautiful, dense, and photogenic areas around the suburbs and especially outer suburbs (West District, Mahogany, Seton, University District, etc). These sorts of things are what make cities great. Calgary is probably the most centralized major city in the Americas if not the world. It'll be great to have destination areas outside of the inner city once they're finished.

Yeah, uh... unfortunately, Seton is 90% parking lot...

Mahogany is a cool neighbourhood because the lakes, but besides Westman Village, most of it is suburban like all the communities around it. UD and West District are actual communities that will be dense and urban.

^Looking at that Seton rendering, once again there's an opportunity to design a proper TOD but this time with the help of a greenfield canvas. Instead, the city sticks an LRT station 2-3 blocks from the Main Street retail, between what looks to be Calgary's patented yellow grass and some parking spaces to the backside of some condos... "Slow claps in disgust👏."
Calgary's city planners Suck A💲 💲.

Yeah Seton is garbage, my bad. But yeah Westman Village is what I was referring to in Mahagony. It's only a couple blocks, but still somewhat comparable in scope to the retail nodes of UD and WD. Biggest difference is its on a lake/pond, so they didn't "need" to include greenspace.

Back