• So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Hi Group,
Two Things! How is that New Swimming Hole Coming Along? It Will B a Lot Colder Soon Enough. I Haven't Been into Metro Ford Yet, but was wondering Anyone has had a Chance to Visit Metro Ford Since I Notice the Renovation Sale Sign a While Back.
Tnx,
Operater.

Expect more from a main. It's not that much water . It's a few inches to a foot deep. You can see the pipe in the photos. Did they actually puncture it?

Last edited:
There were City of Calgary waterworks trucks at the site on Friday. Hopefully they've fixed it and are back at it.

The old old pipes don't really exist anymore, they are just water traveling through ground cavities where the pipe used to be, held open by water pressure, and continuously seeping water into the ground. Dig too close and you can relieve too much pressure. Doesn't look like it got too bad here.

What watermain would be in the middle of a site like that? Surely all of the city mains are in the adjacent streets?
It's likely the anchoring for the shoring that hit the main, not the excvation in the middle of the site itself. The old services in the area are a bit scattered and the city doesn't always know where they are with 100% certainty, so it's possible an old pipe was in the excavation area, but my money would be on the shoring.

Edit; should have checked back on the previous page, definitely appears to be an old pipe in the middle of the site.

The old old pipes don't really exist anymore, they are just water traveling through ground cavities where the pipe used to be, held open by water pressure, and continuously seeping water into the ground. Dig too close and you can relieve too much pressure. Doesn't look like it got too bad here.

That explains a lot. A was thinking seepage created the pond. I just couldn't figure out why there. Puncturing a main would be a geyser that everyone would hear about.

2017-09-30 11.23.28.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-09-30 11.23.28.jpg
    2017-09-30 11.23.28.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 350
Gotta love that there's 9 brand new buildings visible in that pic, all built in the last 3 years. :p

The entire site is being excavated. So after the parkade and podium, it's anyone's guess as to if one, two, or all three towers will go ahead. At this point, there's no reason to believe that all three won't be going ahead.

I can't think of a reason to excavate the entire site only to built one tower.

Back