News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score
I have hundreds of photos to sort, many will be edited and many will be thrown out. Here is my trip starting with the plane ride from YYZ to SFO, May 16th 2015:

I will post in chunks as I continue to edit and tag.

May 16th. Landed at SFO. Decompress in the hotel, grab a bite to eat, off to Pier 39 then Twin Peaks.

Pier 39:

Twin Peaks:

So while I was taking this batch of photos, our rental car was broken in to and lots of camera gear was stolen. It could have ruined the trip, but insurance took the stress away somewhat.

After recovering from the shock and replacing the rental car, we went to see some more sights and make the best of our 2nd and final day in SF:

First, Lombard Street. It was crowded so we just kind of drove down the twisty part with our cameras dangling dangerously out the windows.

Tried to go to Coit Tower but parking was impossible. Then off to the camera store to replace some essentials, dinner and out to Torpedo Wharf for some views.

Last edited:
Day 3. Checked out of the hotel early for the drive to Yosemite. Stopped halfway across the Bay Bridge at Yerba Buena and Treasure Island for some final SF photos.

After leaving the Bay Area and heading east, the first thing of interest you would encounter would be Altamont Pass. Detour off the 580 on to Altamont Pass Road. You probably won't regret it.

More photos coming...

By mid afternoon we had reached the Sierra Nevada foothills. We took a minute to examine our 2nd rental car (the crappy Hyundai was replaced after the break-in). I am not a huge fan of muscle car reboots, but this Charger seemed like the perfect car for a cross-California voyage.

And back on the road:

Last edited:
Day 4. Checked out of the hotel in Yosemite and went to see a few more sights before making the trek back west to Monterey:

And on towards Monterey...

Back