News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Man alive our guys look like hosers compared to the Brits. And what's with the ball caps? A beret looks so much sharper, IMO.

You'll find disagreement on the grooming rules. You won't find disagreement on ball caps. My RCAF ball cap wasn't issued. Had to buy it. Much prefer it over my beret. Comfort and sun protection. Also operational clothing is not about appearance. It's about comfort and functionality. The berets, wedges and peak caps are for office wear and parades.

On the grooming standards, as usual few folks took it too far. Most dudes just reduced the frequency of shaving or they grew well kept beards. Most women used less hair gel and maybe got some untraditional highlights. But some folks decided it was okay to roll into work looking like hobos. And that's where the dissatisfaction comes from. The pendulum is starting to swing back. We'll end up in the middle I'm sure.

You'll find disagreement on the grooming rules. You won't find disagreement on ball caps. My RCAF ball cap wasn't issued. Had to buy it. Much prefer it over my beret. Comfort and sun protection. Also operational clothing is not about appearance. It's about comfort and functionality. The berets, wedges and peak caps are for office wear and parades.

On the grooming standards, as usual few folks took it too far. Most dudes just reduced the frequency of shaving or they grew well kept beards. Most women used less hair gel and maybe got some untraditional highlights. But some folks decided it was okay to roll into work looking like hobos. And that's where the dissatisfaction comes from. The pendulum is starting to swing back. We'll end up in the middle I'm sure.
I understand the recent General Order tightens up some of dress and deportment rules. I understand one of the problems with the original orders was the vagueness that gave licence to those who chose to take it also lacked direction for supervisory/command oversight.

One of the funniest things I heard was the the original order being dubbed 'HoboForGen'.

I understand one of the problems with the original orders was the vagueness that gave licence to those who chose to take it also lacked direction for supervisory/command oversight.

It's kinda hard to challenge av member when the rules are so vague.

One of the funniest things I heard was the the original order being dubbed 'HoboForGen'.

I hadn't heard that one. Accurate in some cases. Lol

The article linked below doesn't mention Canada, but certain has geo-political implications for us as a country. Its about co-operation between Russia, China a number of central Asian countries on
both trade and security matters.

From the above:

1720093564562.png

And

1720093594172.png

The general ambitions here might be easy to dismiss as so much posturing.........give or take China's active role in assisting Russia with respect to Ukraine.........

But its the payment systems issue I would pay close attention to, getting that off the ground is no easy matter, but should it be fully accomplished it would greatly reduce the ability of the U.S. to impose effective
sanctions, particularly in respect of banking.

Not sure that removing 'external military presence' is going to be all that appealing to Europe when their biggest rivals are Russia and China.

Not sure that removing 'external military presence' is going to be all that appealing to Europe when their biggest rivals are Russia and China.

No question, not happening. I mean when discussing 'EurAsia' as one land mass you'd also be talking about the large American presence in Japan, South Korea and the Philippines.

That's going nowhere in the near term.

This is broadly the BRICS narrative. Each country wants the US out of what they consider the sphere of influence that they believe they are entitled to. The Chinese want to be able to boss around the Japanese, the Koreans, the Filipinos, the Indonesians, the Vietnamese, etc. I'd mention the Taiwanese but that's not even a question of boss around. The same worldview applies to Brazil, India, Russia and South Africa and how they see their neighbours. For Canada this has big implications given Russian revanchist views on NATO territory. I'd say we're worried about Chinese views on the Indo-Pacific. But the juries out on whether we actually care beyond tokenism.

This is broadly the BRICS narrative. Each country wants the US out of what they consider the sphere of influence that they believe they are entitled to. The Chinese want to be able to boss around the Japanese, the Koreans, the Filipinos, the Indonesians, the Vietnamese, etc. I'd mention the Taiwanese but that's not even a question of boss around. The same worldview applies to Brazil, India, Russia and South Africa and how they see their neighbours. For Canada this has big implications given Russian revanchist views on NATO territory. I'd say we're worried about Chinese views on the Indo-Pacific. But the juries out on whether we actually care beyond tokenism.

We should care more about Russia - nevermind their ambitions in Europe but their designs on the polar region (including territorial claims), which will directly affect us.

AoD

That's why said axis - particularly Russia, is salivating at a Trump win. Their Geopolitical playbook is always about getting the US back into an isolationist stance.

The saving grace - if it can be called that - is that all these BRICS powers (particularly RIC) fundamentally don't get along with one another beyond a purely utilitarian purposes. They are all rivals to one another.

AoD

We should care more about Russia - nevermind their ambitions in Europe but their designs on the polar region (including territorial claims), which will directly affect us.

AoD

We should care more. But we don't. Sometimes I think the Quebec Sovereignists are actually right. This country refuses to actually assert any identity beyond not being American. I actually wouldn't even be surprised if the Russians claimed the entire Arctic Ocean and Canadians simply shrugged.

Back