News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

You've posted this for some reason. Other than finding it "interesting" is there anything more substantive you want to say, or are you just trying to air your political points of view through the words of others?

You don't think an article written by Fidel Castro might not be ... umm, somewhat biased?
Biased or not the guy is quite bright and the past 40 years suggest that Cuba is not the worst of the lot, I mean who would have thought that torture would be the new American way? In 2009 the public is far more aware of the evils of the CIA, this can't be denied.

"Among the dignitaries at Trudeau's funeral, held on October 3 amid a crush of somber and teary-eyed Canadians standing outside Montreal's Historic Notre-Dame Basilica, were Jimmy Carter and Fidel Castro. Apparently they kept their talk to baseball, Castro, wearing a dark pin-striped suit instead of his usual military uniform, also had a brief conversation with Stockwell Day. Afterwards, during my private meeting with the Cuban president, he said to me, "If I were you, I'd call an election." Jean Chretien

Castro certainly judged Day accurately. (how is that petition Rick Mercer started about changing Day's first name to Doris going?):D

For the past 40 years "constructive engagement" has been the Canadian policy towards Cuba. Good policies, good relationships. We understand the reality of dictators, whether of the left or of the right, and to not do business with Cuba would also mean never doing business with dictators like the Chinese or the Saudi Arabians. Quite foolish when you think about it.
"Cuba is a political problem of disproportionate importance in the United States because of the power, money, and numbers of the Cuban refugee community" JC
It's time for America to move on and revoke the Helms-Burton Act. Why should Canadian companies doing business with Cuba be punished for it?

Naturally you all disagree right?

Um ... yeah, I certainly remember the last 40-years ... not sure why you need to state what everyone is aware of in terms of history.

However if it is Castro, or someone on the right such as Obama - it's not going to be balanced - it has bias.

All this from jade_lee, official forum apologist for Fidel Castro.

Yay, another jade_lee rant thread. Thank you mods for ceding the entire politics forum over to jade_lee. The posts in this thread show us how much discussion has degenerated since jade_lee came along. Posters now can't be bothered to enter any discussion because they know how quickly that discussion will devolve to a jade_lee rant.

Keithz:

You have the option of ignoring this thread - which is presented as a bait - and chose not to in order to make your point, and then claim that the mods aren't doing their job. I hate to bring it to you, most posters on UT couldn't give much of a damn which way the politics subforum swings anyways because that's not what they're on UT for.

BTW, using pressure tactics to get things your way is a bit of a turnoff.

AoD

Last edited:

Back