News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Interesting to note some financial institutions were not necessarily for parity..... the software is throwing "Parity Errors" (ok it might not actually say that as part of the error message).

we are no longer america junior. now america is america junior!

:p:p:p

America... you're our b*tch now.

Seriously though, this will make my future US vacations a lot more enjoyable.

The price has actually bounced off the parity mark (4 times!) - it's a very strong support level, start the PARiTY when that's breached :)

im going to washington next week ,would be great if the dollar went up a few cents by then.:)

My recent trip to New York came with a reduced sticker shock.

gbelan: The Harman Center, Jack Diamond's new concert hall in downtown Washington, will open with a big gala on October 1st. He's basically exported his winning design for our Four Seasons Centre, in a scaled own version. They had a public open house last weekend.

America is digging deeper into deficits and debt and this is affecting the dollar and thier economy. all we are hearing is whining shallow consumerists complaining how expensive things are.

Time for Canadian firms to start buying US firms. You have to think the banks should be in a position to buy big in the US what with the dollar and the subprime worries hitting the financial markets.

All this excitement over parity. People seem to think that travel is going to save them so much money! Really, unless you are spending tens of thousands of dollars on merchandise, it doesnt add up to all that much at the end of the day.

My beef with parity has been the call for lower prices in Canada. People are complaining that a latte in the US is 20 cents cheaper, designer jeans are $10 cheaper etc. They think that because our money has gone up in value vs the greenback, our local prices should drop to meet the cost of items in the US. Does that mean that our wages should drop too? If our currency is worth so much more now vs the US dollar, should our income be cut back, since each dollar is worth more? Of course noone would go for that. Sure, things are cheaper in the US, but we make more money here.

Back