News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Finally - good riddance to this disgusting eyesore known as the worst restaurant in Toronto.

A museum? There once was something here with a real history: the HMCS Haida which was towed to Hamilton about a decade ago due to lack of interest in keeping it here.

It would be great to grab a decommissioned navy frigate for a waterfront museum.
N'ah, we tried that with HMCS Haida and the city neglected the ship to the point it had to be rescued by the Feds and moved to HMCS Star in Hamilton. See Haida's move to Hamilton at http://hmcshaida.ca/restoration_photos_2003.html

I'd prefer it to be a live slip for visiting ships to Toronto. For example, when the RCN visits they always have to dock well east of Red Path Sugar. It would be much better for visiting warships to visit the Captain John location.

As in haul it out to the middle of the inner harbour and initiate the one and only Burning Boat Festival?

I decided to take some pictures of the Ole Cap'n Johns while wandering today in the off chance I might never see it again. Although the thing is beat up, I'm going to miss that old rustbucket. I may have never eaten there, and a lot of you may have never eaten there either, but almost everyone knows it as a landmark.

UqDNp.jpg

2w8w5.jpg

LESX8.jpg

NcgAC.jpg

As in haul it out to the middle of the inner harbour and initiate the one and only Burning Boat Festival?

I love this idea. A music festival could pay for removing the ship.

Host it at Centre Island and at Harbourfront. Centre Island would be paid access and would feature the main talent and Harbrourfront would play back the concert on a big screen and have other talent at Harbourfront stage. Both sites would benefit from the view of torching Captain Johns in the middle of the harbour which would then become a wreck attracting fish populations and become a diving attraction.

It's not the explosives per se, it's the pressure wave from the water.

AoD

Also, the explosion creates a void beneath the middle of the ship (where there is no water just air) and the ship breaks its own back, so to speak, as the middle of the ship falls into th void.

It would make a great paintball course. Board the ship by Zodiacs from the lake. Play a version of capture the flag with teams

Back