Fantastic pics dventura!

Are all the finishes standard and did you find any discrepancies?

All standard...it's a little hard to see the transparent glass back splash in the pics.

Unit was in excellent condition and nicely finished. 3 main deficiency to note:

Ceiling drywall was cracked above the kitchen (this is the main one)...a hairline crack that extends for about 2-3 feet.

Gum in the carpet in the bedroom.

Wall in the entrance was scuffed by a worker, needs to be re-painted.

The suites look nice...I'm kind of regretting not buying here when I had the chance....but I had a feeling the building would turn out nice.

This looks great! Congrats dventura. Your Milano suite looks very nice. I'm glad I stayed with the standard finishes as well. Looks like attention to detail was paid, especially in the bathroom area.

A few more comments:

You're right CASA, the one thing that stands out is the attention to detail in the bathrooms, they provided very nice standard finishings in them. I especially like the layout of the split walkthrough bathrooms in the corner units.

One major issue with my Milano unit however is the fact that it seems to have a slightly smaller kitchen space than other units that were illustrated to have similar sized kitchens. For example...the only space I have below the counter for storage is below the sink (1 half which is filled by the garbage bin) and the other half likely to be used for detergent etc. Where on earth is one to keep their pots and pans? There are then 4 very shallow drawers next to the fridge that turned out to be maybe 8 inches wide each, I will likely have to split up my cuttlery set between 2 drawers. The other units do not seem to have this issue. They could have increased the kitchen space of this floor plan by a foot or two and instead eliminated some of the depth of the entrance closet which is quite deep as it is next to the laundry machine closet and equal depth.

A note on the laundry machines...the washing mashine is not a front load high efficiency machine...I'm not an expert but this doesn't seem to make any sense for a new condo.

I got to have a quick look into the 2 BR South West unit (which I wanted but Cresford wouldn't allow me to change to in my 10 day period). Aside from having the South West view which will probably never be blocked there are numerous advantages to this unit compared to the Milano considering it's only slightly larger (just better by design). The entrance hall has a long closet (takes up minimal square footage but very useful to have). The kitchen is a couple feet wider eliminating the storage issue mentioned in my Milano. The main bedroom is about a foot wider (allowing for a queen size bed) and then instead of the absoultely tiny useless closet there is a very large walkthrough one leading to the bathroom. Finally, the living space despite being 12x21 vs 12x29 looks to have pretty much the same usable space since it doesn't have that second column in the middle of the room breaking up usable space. It's hard to explain but it's a perfect size your TV area and then kitchen table behind the kitchen appliances and up against the wall leading to the 2nd bedroom.

A final point, the measurements of my unit were completely accurate bymy measurement the living room was actually closer to 30 feet long vs 28.5 I think listed. Pleased about this for sure.

Where on earth is one to keep their pots and pans?

A final point, the measurements of my unit were completely accurate bymy measurement the living room was actually closer to 30 feet long vs 28.5 I think listed. Pleased about this for sure.

I keep my pots and pans inside of the oven.

That's a great bonus about the larger living room!

I've wondered how plug ins worked in units with floor to ceiling windows; now I understand the use of the cylinder pillars.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

What's the width of the living space?

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep my pots and pans inside of the oven.

That's a great bonus about the larger living room!

I've wondered how plug ins worked in units with floor to ceiling windows; now I understand the use of the cylinder pillars.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The bottom drawer of the oven is only big enough for a couple making sheets and perhaps one pan. Or do you mean inside the physical oven? That would be a bit of a hassle if you have 2 pans a couple pots and a couple sauce pans.

As far as plug ins...that's one more thing, there are plenty of plugs in every possible place you'd want them as well as phone and cable outlets. Switches a plenty as well, kudos to Cresford here.

dventura, you're right about no storage. The layout for the unit does show it is smaller than the others though. Tiny counter space too. I'm sure you'll adapt... Maybe a separate cabinet/sideboard will do the trick.

The pass through bathrooms were one of my favourite features.

So, is Cresford giving us older energy-sucking machines that are not considered energy-efficient?

The bottom drawer of the oven is only big enough for a couple making sheets and perhaps one pan. Or do you mean inside the physical oven? That would be a bit of a hassle if you have 2 pans a couple pots and a couple sauce pans.

As far as plug ins...that's one more thing, there are plenty of plugs in every possible place you'd want them as well as phone and cable outlets. Switches a plenty as well, kudos to Cresford here.

Nice Looking unit dventura. Not sure if it is a valid option to you but I think I would be pulling out the dishwasher in favour of more cupboard space. Down the road you could sell the unit as having a rough in for a dishwasher, blah, blah, blah. Might not work for you but at least it is an option.

One major issue with my Milano unit however is the fact that it seems to have a slightly smaller kitchen space than other units that were illustrated to have similar sized kitchens. For example...the only space I have below the counter for storage is below the sink (1 half which is filled by the garbage bin) and the other half likely to be used for detergent etc. Where on earth is one to keep their pots and pans? There are then 4 very shallow drawers next to the fridge that turned out to be maybe 8 inches wide each, I will likely have to split up my cuttlery set between 2 drawers. The other units do not seem to have this issue. They could have increased the kitchen space of this floor plan by a foot or two and instead eliminated some of the depth of the entrance closet which is quite deep as it is next to the laundry machine closet and equal depth. .

for some extra usable storage, i recommend you fit the cabinet over the refridgerator with the RATIONELL Deep fully-extending drawer with dampers from IKEA or something similar.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40107080

Attachments

• 32492_PE122487_S4.jpg
    32492_PE122487_S4.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
dventura, beautiful unit. When reviewing your unit photos, there is so little kitchen countertop space and the two big columns have been minimized to decrease the suite functionality. Please see attached photo. I would like to suggest you find something similar to that island/breakfast bar for your kitchen to increase counter space and functionality. I've a similar island/breakfast bar in my suite. It's very functional. Most of guests like it very much.

Again your unit is beautiful and I like it has a lot of nature light. All the best! :

Attachments

• Birch Kit Design.JPG
    Birch Kit Design.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
looked like the very top floor of Casa was lit up tonight, at least the side facing Jarvis - bright white...:cool:

I saw that too in two or three areas, I think they're work lights.

Back