From what I've heard, while CASA looks great on the outside, the interior finishing and quality of materials is far from what the exterior might suggest. Another SPIRE in the making?

i'm not a fan of Cresford as their bad reputation has been made the old fashioned way, they earned it.

however, there have been a few posters who did their PDI and they seemed satisfied. there's probably more pressure on them for this project b/c of the affiliation with the Armani brand, even if it's ever so little as they still have the NXT towers to do.

Lawyer recomendation?

My closing date is Jan 19 and I was wondering if anyone has a good lawyer to recomend that already knows this building and has done a closing in casa. The one we had when whe bought the unit back in 2006 did not impress me. We live in Europe right now so I would need someone that has no problem dealing with us long distance.

Thanks for the help!

My closing date is Jan 19 and I was wondering if anyone has a good lawyer to recomend that already knows this building and has done a closing in casa. The one we had when whe bought the unit back in 2006 did not impress me. We live in Europe right now so I would need someone that has no problem dealing with us long distance.

Thanks for the help!

The Lawyer I use is:

David Feld, Feld Kalia 416-203-6347
www.feldkalia.com
info@feldkalia.com

Amazing lawyer, so on top of things and he always responds to emails within 10 minutes..

Highly recommend him.

Thanks for the help!

The Lawyer I've used has I think over 30 years experience in real estate law. I was also one of the earlier purchasers in early 2007 so she is very familiar with the project and was able to get a number or things ammended in my agreement that are very beneficial. I have also just visited with her today to review all of the most recent revisions including the one that was mailed out this past week (which you may not have a copy of being in Europe)...but she has a copy of it now. Finally, my occupancy is in the first week of occupancies being on a lower floor (it is in less than 2 weeks). So she will also have the experience of my close in a very short period of time. I give her the highest recomendation possible as she has been the real estate lawyer for my father's business for many years. Also, have you been made aware of the locker releases? They will be released to anyone not on the wait list on Nov 27 and I'm told they are expected to sell out that day just in case you want one.

Her name is:

Georgea Wolfe
416-597-6486

Just tell her that you purchased in the same condo as Daniel at CASA.

thanks casaguy ... those Penthouse floorplans finally answer how the floorplate works on the roof terrace (47th) floor ~

Casa_PH_fp.jpg

I have the hard copy PH floorplans but didn't realize that there was a room of significant size leading to the roof deck. How cool is that? It could make a good room to grow herbs throughout the year, a mini-gym, den or serve any number of uses.

I have the hard copy PH floorplans but didn't realize that there was a room of significant size leading to the roof deck. How cool is that? It could make a good room to grow herbs throughout the year, a mini-gym, den or serve any number of uses.

But enough 'herbs' to finance $1000/sq ft? :)

It's hard to compare $1000 per sq foot of penthouse here with $1000 sqf in a luxury condo.

Here you are getting the most amazing view with floor to glass windows spanning your unit. 10' ceilings and equivalent finishes to the four seasons (according to the sales centre). Plus you're getting a stunning private rooftop terrace and a sun room. Compared to the same price in an ultra luxury condo where you'll be getting none of that but will be living in a building where likely none of the units are under a million dollars and the services and ammenities show for that with a fancy valet etc. It's really hard to compare...I guess you justify it based on your preference. Nicer unit (based on the ammount of glass and view, awesome terrace and sunroom) vs. being in a more upscale building.

Awesome interior pictures

What incredibly mediocre finishes! Amana appliances? Standard issue bathroom, although I like the black tile (I presume that was an upgrade). While the balcony is nice and the views great, the interior is decidedly mid-level. I'd be pissed to have that at the prices they're asking.

Back