i have the portofino, one bedroom plus den at 624sqft east facing.

Awesome, I have the portofino just above you lol.

I'm on the 11th floor. Can't wait for my PDI come Friday! I'll be sure to post pictures.

I wish I went with those white cabinets now.

I was actually wondering what floor wannabeplanner is on?

I chose the dark cabinets because I didn't know how the white ones would turn out. They both look good in the end.

I was actually wondering what floor wannabeplanner is on?

I chose the dark cabinets because I didn't know how the white ones would turn out. They both look good in the end.

Judging by the building in view, it looks like hes on the 9th floor.

As for the cabinets, I opted fro the dark ones. I'll see how they look come Friday.

On another note, anyone know when the building is projected to be registered?

I'm trying to put the "Phantom Fees" into prespective.

As for the cabinets, I opted fro the dark ones. I'll see how they look come Friday.

Most certainly after February

I am on the 8th floor, so anything higher than 9 will clear the office building next door... But the view wasn't as terrible as i thought since that building is on an angle.

comment about the hallway.. Dark wood trimmed doors with nice square wooden hallway lights. Pretty nice.. Obviously carpet hasn't been installed yet.. The only thing I am not sure about is the choice of Wall paper. I don't think it will age very well especially with people coming and going... I think its similiar to other wall papers used in most new condos in the city...

I am guessing next summer the earliest.. I hope i am wrong, but judging by the amount of work they still needs to be done plus # of floors left..

They don't need all the suites to be finished for registration, just the wall to be up so the surveyors can measure to confirm size. So if they have studs on the 44th like the pictures suggest, they could very well have all the walls ready in less than a month. They will also need to finish the back of the building where the hoist is which when the elevators are running they'll probably get rid of. And I would assume that they wont wait until the summer to register... there's lots and lots of money involved... Other than that, most of the work left will have to be done for occupancy anyways, like all the mech equipment. and registration doesn't care if there's wallpaper left to be installed in a party room or something like that...

First... They charge $30 for every check we've ever used to pay a previous bill. (Yes, you read that right). So, since I've written them 6 previous checks to cover the deposits, they could stiff me with another bill for $180.

Second... A "builder fee" that could be $4000-$8000 to cover all sorts of things.

There are other additional closing costs that I was expecting... but the above two are quite troubling. Any other Casa buyers care to weigh in?[/QUOTE]

Casaguy, The $30 charges for every check we've ever used to pay a previous bill? what is the "previous bill" that you referred to?

Also, what is "builder fee" $4,000 to $8,000? I've never heard of that before? Much appreciate if you can tell me more because I have a friend who will be closing two units for this project. Thanks.

I read this article this morning. This is an extreme example (and why everyone who purchases property should hire a competent real estate lawyer to review the language in that wad of legal documents & rules and regulations the developer hands to you) as some developers will still try to sneak through various charges and levies. Most reputable developers are up front about what various fees and levies to expect at closing, others may not be so forthcoming.

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/column...s-hit-with-big-bills-for-surprise-adjustments

Looks like a nice unit, I personally hate stainless steel appliances but I understand this is what they put in. Very nice wood cabinets and then
the jarring effect of siver(colour) appliances just don't get it.

Picture026.jpg

Glad to see the standard finishes turned out so well.

Is it odd that the sliding bedroom door lines up with the center of a window pane?

Here are my PDI pics...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 683
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 612
  • 4.jpg