News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

McGuinty must be soiling his pants right now.

This is very telling. I think Ontario handing 19 seats to the Conservatives is probably a referendum on McGuinty, not Harper. Many people don't understand that there are 3 levels of government.

Anyway, I agree that this is an ominous sign for McGuinty. Conservative all 3 levels of government... Toronto is set for a very bad 4 years.

Not surprising that the 'U' of poverty in Toronto remained Liberal/NDP.

Out of all the leaders, Elizabeth May is by far the most charismatic IMO.

OTOH, I have to say... Watching all those speeches from the various leaders, all the party faithfuls there all seem like flag-bearing lemmings. I don't think I could ever see myself with a crowd of the faithful chanting the name of some politician.

Ruth Allen Brousseau is winning her riding so far. She's the NDPer that just got back from Vegas.

elections-2011.jpg

BTW, apparently her French isn't very good, but the riding is hardcore francophone. Not surprisingly, she didn't attend any of the local candidate debates.

Oh, and Ignatieff and Duceppe are both trailing in their respective ridings.

She was probably busy gambling away the remainder of the NDP's election funds.

OTOH, I have to say... Watching all those speeches from the various leaders, all the party faithfuls there all seem like flag-bearing lemmings. I don't think I could ever see myself with a crowd of the faithful chanting the name of some politician.
You don't enjoy trained seals?

Impressive gains by the NDP, moving the progressive agenda to the forefront and putting the Conservative government on the defensive.

The NDP have been the de facto opposition for years, while the Liberal official opposition were toothless ( worse, gummy in their pleasuring of the Conservatives ... ), supported Harper much of the time, and are now a spent force. The Right now has a clear majority, can finally be themselves rather than governing from the centre, and must defend themselves agaist a focussed opposition that represents a clear alternative.

The term neoconservative was originally used as a criticism against liberals who had "moved to the right".

If a big thing in this election was keeping the Cons out of majority territory, then the majority of Canadians have been let down again. Plan B is unifying the left I guess. Good luck.

Back