News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think the project showed the potential of what could be done. Yes, ten days was a short period for the cost, but there was considerable positive interest. I was speaking to a cop who told me that people were commenting to him about how much they liked it.

As for car drivers, I'm sure they didn't like it if they were using Queens Quay. But then drivers never like changes such as this. At rush hour, it is understandable.

The streetcars did look so nice rolling by all those geraniumns.

As for car drivers, I'm sure they didn't like it if they were using Queens Quay. But then drivers never like changes such as this. At rush hour, it is understandable.

Car drivers think they're God. They should never be inconvenienced. They only think about non-drivers when they want us out of their way.

A quarter to a third of the cost was for the friggin' pay-duty cops, by the way. Tell me how the City has to pay extra to have cops work to control traffic. Aren't we already paying cops to work for us?

I can understand it if some private company wants a cop outside to direct traffic, but it's the City of Toronto paying itself.

I can understand it if some private company wants a cop outside to direct traffic, but it's the City of Toronto paying itself.

No, its the city paying their cops. If they need more cops on the street for an event, there is an increased cost in man-hours.

One other thing I'd like to see added if Queens Quay is to be reconstructed is a parking lane. It would be very useful for the shops along the north side, and there's always a line of cars illegally stopped on the north side opposite Queens Quay Terminal.

This whole thing of "paying for cops" for this stuff annoys me - I recall reading it in connection with getting the people who park/stand on King forcing traffic to mix with the streetcars. Parking enforcement and traffic management should be vicious to the point to discouraging cars entirely in downtown between Bloor and the lake.

Re: Temp Maple Leafs and Who cares about Queen's Quay?

Reviving this dormant thread, I'm curious as to when we'll see shovels hitting the ground.

I recall reading/hearing that we'd begin to see construction in November of this year after Quay To The City had provided information on the best way to get things done.

Seems early, so soon after West 8 was chosen, but it couldn't come soon enough.

Anybody know when we'll see something happening?

I too think we should think big, but the Leaf boardwalks would not be visible to those on the ground. Looking out into the lake, you would simply see a boardwalk. Only those in towers above would see the leaf.

When I was originally against the Leafs this was one of my arguments as well. However, with the CN Tower being a popular tourist attraction, many tourists would no doubt see it as a Maple Leaf and want to take a look at ground level.

The floating maple leafs plan is all but officially dead.

FM, was the maple leaf idea ever costed? And if so, what is the estimated cost?

Thanks, I'll try to attend and ask my question there.

metroman1000, if you go, would you be so kind as to post the answers to your questions on-line?

i want to go, but when they moved the meeting (from the 8th to the 15th), they moved it to a date that was already booked for me.

"The floating maple leafs plan is all but officially dead."

Good. It was a silly plan.

I just want to see those wavy wooden slip ends put in. It'll open up the waterfront so much more since there will be many more places where you can walk right up to the water.

I wonder what phase those will be put in. Maybe we'll see Queens Quay's south lane closed first as the first step to implement West8's plan?

Back