News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Good to see this surface parking lot developed. This is an area that really shouldn't have it - the apartment building infront of it has a huge parkade and extra density here makes sense.

We need to fill in our central areas more and get rid of a lot of these remnant gaps. It will make it more vibrant and livable.

I would like to know what has changed especially now that materials have climbed astronomically world wide from before.

Colour me fascinated to see a spate of 'short' towers lately. I thought it was foretold here that anything under about 30 storeys is just uneconomical?
Any height can work (to a point), but there are sweet spots for optimizing costs, elevator spec/use and market conditions.

20-30 is usually that spot for most markets.

Colour me fascinated to see a spate of 'short' towers lately. I thought it was foretold here that anything under about 30 storeys is just uneconomical?
Many factors are evaluated when determining what 'scale' you need in order for a specific proposal to make economic sense. Not sure where you heard you need '30-storeys' minimum to make economic sense. Oliver Exchange 2 is only 2-storeys and a little over 8000sf of space.

RE: 30+ required, that was during the boom construction period discussed on C2E where it was stated by some within the construction community where it was not feasible to go below certain floors due to the construction costs.

Reactions: God

Back