• Total voters
Here are some photos of Yorkdale Chick-fil-A (today around 5PM):

20200123_170510.jpg

The restaurant itself with a lineup

20200123_170640.jpg

Menu front

20200123_170648.jpg

Menu back

I only came to grab a menu. My opposition still stands.

I only came to grab a menu. My opposition still stands.

I’m not sure why the opposition (not just you, but others) still exists, given they've changed their policies about funding anti LGBT groups.

They were doing a really lousy thing, and under pressure from the public and fear of profit loss, they stopped. If the goal was to get them to change, then reward them for changing. Go, buy a chicken sandwich. If enough people do that, and they see it in sales, then it shows them it was worth it to separate the Cathy Family values from the business. They speak the capitalist language of dollars, and have asked for forgiveness.

Otherwise, to them you're just another reactionary who wouldn't have patronized them anyhow, and there's no reason not to go back to what they were already doing.

Not yet but I intend to follow!

For real? Ok, best of luck. :p

Now that they've crawled under the Southern Poverty Law Center frivolous lawsuits gang, their chicken probably tastes like hate, which is probably what it tasted like before anyway, I guess. ;)

...a different flavour of hate.

Anyway, I value your opinion so do let us know what you think of the place.

For real? Ok, best of luck. :p

Now that they've crawled under the Southern Poverty Law Center frivolous lawsuits gang, their chicken probably tastes like hate, which is probably what it tasted like before anyway, I guess. ;)

...a different flavour of hate.

Anyway, I value your opinion so do let us know what you think of the place.
Ah, well I hope to live up to your high opinion. For the record, I am someone who does try to eat healthy, refrains from fast food like McDonalds, and only has a pop drink once every couple of months at most.

So I followed through yesterday afternoon. Lineups wasn't bad, it moved quickly and the people around me were handed their food quickly as well. However, it seems that the front counter workers screwed up and must've given my meal to someone else with the same name as me. I had to badger them to get me my meal. I understand they want to be more familiar like Starbucks using personal names, but they aren't Starbucks and could learn a thing or two from McDonald's order number system to reduce confusion, especially since there was a large disorganized crowd of people holding up their receipts all eagerly waiting for their meal.

The place seemed unhygienic to eat at so I left for the Manulife Centre to eat, though I am neurotic in that way.

I ordered the standard Chick-fil-a sandwich, and it was overall pretty good. I understand where the hype comes from, the chicken was tasty on its own (it tasted like chicken, not hate, sorry to disappoint anyone reading), but their trick is so obvious. Their buns are very sweet, which combined with chicken obviously makes for a delicious meal. Nothing there is revolutionary, Jamaicans figured this out decades ago.

But it is a solid fast food option that doesn't seem like it would cause later health issues like McDonalds or Popeyes, so I would eat there again if I needed a quick meal, and wouldn't mind seeing one open up at the Eaton Centre food-court. I would recommend ordering two sandwiches instead of one for a filling meal (which at $12 for two sandwiches is on par with fast food competition).

Here's their nutrition guide. If you're watching your sodium content, that could be an issue, particularly if you need to double up on portions. And you mentioned an unhygienic setting ... so yes, that could definitely cause later health issues!

Attachments

• NutritionGuide_2017_1.PDF
    383.9 KB · Views: 1,849
I’m not sure why the opposition (not just you, but others) still exists, given they've changed their policies about funding anti LGBT groups.

They were doing a really lousy thing, and under pressure from the public and fear of profit loss, they stopped. If the goal was to get them to change, then reward them for changing. Go, buy a chicken sandwich. If enough people do that, and they see it in sales, then it shows them it was worth it to separate the Cathy Family values from the business. They speak the capitalist language of dollars, and have asked for forgiveness.

Otherwise, to them you're just another reactionary who wouldn't have patronized them anyhow, and there's no reason not to go back to what they were already doing.

They were doing a really lousy thing, and under pressure from the public, they said they would stop. Except they continued to do really lousy things.
Why are we supposed to believe them now?

Ah, well I hope to live up to your high opinion. For the record, I am someone who does try to eat healthy, refrains from fast food like McDonalds, and only has a pop drink once every couple of months at most.

So I followed through yesterday afternoon. Lineups wasn't bad, it moved quickly and the people around me were handed their food quickly as well. However, it seems that the front counter workers screwed up and must've given my meal to someone else with the same name as me. I had to badger them to get me my meal. I understand they want to be more familiar like Starbucks using personal names, but they aren't Starbucks and could learn a thing or two from McDonald's order number system to reduce confusion, especially since there was a large disorganized crowd of people holding up their receipts all eagerly waiting for their meal.

The place seemed unhygienic to eat at so I left for the Manulife Centre to eat, though I am neurotic in that way.

I ordered the standard Chick-fil-a sandwich, and it was overall pretty good. I understand where the hype comes from, the chicken was tasty on its own (it tasted like chicken, not hate, sorry to disappoint anyone reading), but their trick is so obvious. Their buns are very sweet, which combined with chicken obviously makes for a delicious meal. Nothing there is revolutionary, Jamaicans figured this out decades ago.

But it is a solid fast food option that doesn't seem like it would cause later health issues like McDonalds or Popeyes, so I would eat there again if I needed a quick meal, and wouldn't mind seeing one open up at the Eaton Centre food-court. I would recommend ordering two sandwiches instead of one for a filling meal (which at $12 for two sandwiches is on par with fast food competition).
I don't want to know what Chick-fil-A's washrooms are like.

I bet that even Tim Hortons washrooms are cleaner than Chick-fil-A's, and Tim Hortons washrooms aren't exactly spotless.

But it is a solid fast food option that doesn't seem like it would cause later health issues...

uhm......we don't know what that chicken really is. I mean, what are the ingredients of the breading? What sort of antibiotics and hormones and universe knows what is pumped into these chickens? That bread is most certainly not good for you. Etc.

I wouldn't exactly rely on this food for being "not that bad" for you.

Thanks for the report though! :)

PS: I'm glad to hear it doesn't taste like hate (either hate of gays or reason, both of which would taste awful!).

uhm......we don't know what that chicken really is. I mean, what are the ingredients of the breading? What sort of antibiotics and hormones and universe knows what is pumped into these chickens? That bread is most certainly not good for you. Etc.

I wouldn't exactly rely on this food for being "not that bad" for you.

Thanks for the report though! :)

PS: I'm glad to hear it doesn't taste like hate (either hate of gays or reason, both of which would taste awful!).

Just saying.............from their website::

Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast with rib meat, salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour [with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]), bun (flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of each of the following: soybean oil, salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, enzymes, wheat starch, monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, DATEM, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservative], natural flavors [dill emulsion], polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

For those wondering:

DATEM (diacetyl tartaric acid ester of mono- and diglycerides, also E472e) is an emulsifier primarily used in baking (wikipedia)

Polysorbate 80 is a hydrophilic nonionic surfactant. It is utilized as a surfactant in soaps and cosmetics and also as a lubricant in eye drops. In food or pharmaceutical products, it can act as an emulsifier. (drugbank)

Also......which enzymes? There are many different kinds of enzymes!

PS, Alum is, as I understand it, an aluminum derivative and used to keep the pickles firm.........I'm not saying its at all harmful......but all other things being equal, I prefer my pickles metal-free.

Last edited:

Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast with rib meat, salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika, enriched bleached flour [with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika], pasteurized nonfat milk, pasteurized egg, fully refined peanut oil [with dimethylpolysiloxane {an anti-foam agent} added]), bun (flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of each of the following: soybean oil, salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, enzymes, wheat starch, monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, DATEM, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservative], natural flavors [dill emulsion], polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

For those wondering:

DATEM (diacetyl tartaric acid ester of mono- and diglycerides, also E472e) is an emulsifier primarily used in baking (wikipedia)

Polysorbate 80 is a hydrophilic nonionic surfactant. It is utilized as a surfactant in soaps and cosmetics and also as a lubricant in eye drops. In food or pharmaceutical products, it can act as an emulsifier. (drugbank)

PS, Alum is, as I understand it, an aluminum derivative and used to keep the pickles firm.........I'm not saying its at all harmful......but all other things being equal, I prefer my pickles metal-free.

LOL! And idiots stand in line to eat this toxic crap.

For those wondering:

?

I'm wasn't saying, I was just saying. ;)

I can't eat that....and @WislaHD, mate.....that WILL give you health problems.

Also, none of that tells me anything about the quality of the meat and how much antibiotic and other bollocks I'm consuming.

And this, folks, is how you pick and choose restaurants, as opposed to the original premise of this thread!

Although, to be fair, eating out is a fool's game if one is worried about consuming whole foods without nasty additives.

Back